Flagging

max

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I am soo friggin cool I went off a trail.

Anyone can contrive a route to the top of some hill without a trail.

Many peaks are often approachable by known means of information (via a trail and GUESS WHAT A LOGGING ROAD) often via the internet or some publication of information that is spewed out 100 times.

CBS - if an idiot flagged a route an idiot's way that could have been avoiding a pristine meadow then maybe it should be argued elsewhere. That wasn't my point so take that garbage example\argument somewhere else as a response to mine. It doesn't apply to obvious dumb ass sitautions like that.

Klenke and marylou sound like they are beating their own drums more than anyone so far. But I'll give some other people a shot to toot their own horns too.

C'mon give all the examples of where and when. Now that's a way to make a case instead of: I did this and this many peaks or walked off trail once because of this and am cool and flagging so bad because it leaves paper trails. Shit there's logging roads that leave a bigger mark than wads of paper on some bush or tree anyway.

Walk the PCT for a couple of hundred miles. I guarantee you won't see anybody for days and days and that's a MAJOR TRAIL SYSTEM getting you to where you want to go.

Uh, exactly what Pacific Crest Trail would you be referring to? It certainly isn't the one in Washington state.

"won't see anyone for days and days". right, that's a good one. Constructed flagged route or trail access leads to more people, and more usage. Lots more. That ought to be an entirely obvious and non-controversial statement.

CBS - if an idiot flagged a route an idiot's way that could have been avoiding a pristine meadow then maybe it should be argued elsewhere. That wasn't my point so take that garbage example\argument somewhere else as a response to mine. It doesn't apply to obvious dumb ass sitautions like that.

In this situation there was no way to avoid the meadow and there were numerous equally good ways across it. The best solution is for each to go their own way and not follow a dumbass line of orange tape.