Democrats in a nutshell

tele_nut

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was a passionate advocate for the even distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs, and his opposition to higher taxes for the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her heart-felt diatribe, echoing ideas from liberal professors at her school, he interrupted to ask her how she was doing in school.

She answered rather proudly that she had a 4.0 GPA, and that it was tough to maintain. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "And how is your friend Mary?"

She replied, "Mary is another story" she continued, "she's barely making a 2.0 GPA - all she takes are easy classes, and she never studies. I'm afraid she's going to flunk out!" But to explain further she continued emotionally, "She's very popular on campus, and she's having a blast. She goes to all the parties, and

very often doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over. We're still friends, but we're SO different!"

Her father then said , "I know how you could help her..... Why don't you go to the Dean's office, and ask him to deduct one point off your 4.0 GPA, and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0." He continued, "That way, you will both have a 3.0 GPA, and certainly that would be a fair distribution of grades."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion angrily fired back:

"Are you crazy? I worked my butt off and sacrificed a lot for my good grades! Mary has done little or nothing - she played and partied all year. Why should SHE get the same grade as I do? That wouldn't be FAIR! "

The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was a passionate advocate for the even distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs, and his opposition to higher taxes for the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her heart-felt diatribe, echoing ideas from liberal professors at her school, he interrupted to ask her how she was doing in school.

She answered rather proudly that she had a 4.0 GPA, and that it was tough to maintain. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "And how is your friend Mary?"

She replied, "Mary is another story" she continued, "she's barely making a 2.0 GPA - all she takes are easy classes, and she never studies. I'm afraid she's going to flunk out!" But to explain further she continued emotionally, "She's very popular on campus, and she's having a blast. She goes to all the parties, and

very often doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over. We're still friends, but we're SO different!"

Her father then said , "I know how you could help her..... Why don't you go to the Dean's office, and ask him to deduct one point off your 4.0 GPA, and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0." He continued, "That way, you will both have a 3.0 GPA, and certainly that would be a fair distribution of grades."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion angrily fired back:

"Are you crazy? I worked my butt off and sacrificed a lot for my good grades! Mary has done little or nothing - she played and partied all year. Why should SHE get the same grade as I do? That wouldn't be FAIR! "

The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

FUCKIN A!!! What a great story!!!! thumbs_up.gif

And now if we could convince the Republicans to not only stay out of society's wallet, but also out of society's bedroom and keep their fucking morals to themselves, they might have a bunch more party members.
NOW that is the truth.. btw i think those people have a party wink.gif

And now if we could convince the Republicans to not only stay out of society's wallet, but also out of society's bedroom and keep their fucking morals to themselves, they might have a bunch more party members.

Why? The democrats regulate morality all the time. Look at the supreme court. Think of political correctness. Nothing more than telling someone they are wrong for the beliefs they may choose to vocalize. I for one am sick of that shit.

Are you upset because swinging swinging away from a degenerate society is less appealing to you?

Its also a fair analogy if you assume that most personal wealth is a result of each individuals achievement as opposed to inherited.

Not to mention the advantages afforded the wealthy in the form of protected markets, corporate subsidies and welfare, and access to the political arena (is Haliburton controlled by democrats?). Republicans want to protect their wallet at the expense of those less fortunate.

Why? The democrats regulate morality all the time. Look at the supreme court. Think of political correctness. Nothing more than telling someone they are wrong for the beliefs they may choose to vocalize. I for one am sick of that shit.

Are you upset because swinging swinging away from a degenerate society is less appealing to you?

thats right.. that is why muffy is neither fruit.giffruit.gif

At the expense of those less capable perhaps?

I work hard for my money, and the price for me coming incorrect in my profession is my life or my someone else's. Why should I have to subsidize the poor?

not me I have a free ride... I listen to angry people all day for fun wink.gif

The point is that the story seeks to portray poor people as being lazy and worthless. The premise is that welfare programs are handouts to undeserving people. All they have to do is work hard and they will be rich like the rest of us.

Pretty spot on, if you ask me.

The thing to do to provide for the poor is to pay for education and training. Everyone benefits from that.

That's pretty idealistic. There are only so many positions that can be filled with trained professionals. Don't we need ditch diggers too? If a ditch digger wants to become a programmer would you feel good about your taxes being used to send them to school while you get buried beneath student loans or your family depletes their personal riches to support you? Personally I would rather pay for my own way and have my parents sitting on a beach somewhere than letting Uncle Sam carve another 2% of my paycheck to pay for someone else's tuition.

The thing to do to provide for the poor is to pay for education and training. Everyone benefits from that.

That's pretty idealistic. There are only so many positions that can be filled with trained professionals. Don't we need ditch diggers too? If a ditch digger wants to become a programmer would you feel good about your taxes being used to send them to school while you get buried beneath student loans or your family depletes their personal riches to support you? Personally I would rather pay for my own way and have my parents sitting on a beach somewhere than letting Uncle Sam carve another 2% of my paycheck to pay for someone else's tuition.

if "ditch digging" paid a wage that you didn't have to work 4 jobs to live the migrant workers would out of work

Migrant workers. Well that's a whole other can of worms. We have so many illegal alients allowed to come into the country and work low paying jobs, while people are unemployed all over? What is the current unemployment rate in Washington? Are all those dot com cyber monkey's still in belief that their skills are so unique that they would rather sit on unemployment for 2 years than get a job picking apples in the hot Washington sun? Now c'mon. What are these people going to do when we really hit hard times?