There are still good people in the world

rbw1966

I've never lost anything in my life. Misplaced a few things but they always, in the end, turned back up.

I ride my bike to work almost every day. Its a 4 mile commute along a beautiful path through a wildlife refuge and then on into downtown Portland. This morning I got to my office and began emptying my pockets before hopping in the shower. When I got to my back pocket I noticed my wallet was missing. I immediately called home and, as luck would have it, my wife had overslept and was still there. However, my wallet was not.

I tore apart my fanny pack and the locker room looking for the wallet with no luck. I called my wife back to ask her to call the bank when she said some fellow had just dropped the wallet off at the house saying he found it on the street. Everything was there. I told her to see if she could chase down the guy and offer him some cash for being such an honest joe. He was long gone though.

Kudos to good samaritans! bigdrink.gif

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never lost anything in my life. Misplaced a few things but they always, in the end, turned back up.

I ride my bike to work almost every day. Its a 4 mile commute along a beautiful path through a wildlife refuge and then on into downtown Portland. This morning I got to my office and began emptying my pockets before hopping in the shower. When I got to my back pocket I noticed my wallet was missing. I immediately called home and, as luck would have it, my wife had overslept and was still there. However, my wallet was not.

I tore apart my fanny pack and the locker room looking for the wallet with no luck. I called my wife back to ask her to call the bank when she said some fellow had just dropped the wallet off at the house saying he found it on the street. Everything was there. I told her to see if she could chase down the guy and offer him some cash for being such an honest joe. He was long gone though.

Kudos to good samaritans! bigdrink.gif

Right on, man. We had the same thing happen to us on Saturday in Bellevue. A nice couple turned my friend's wallet in at a jewelry store and heard us talking on the phone to the restaurant we had been at. The kindness of strangers on a sunny day is way cool; makes me want to be a nicer person. You know?

Last year labor day weekend as I was heading off on a camping trip, the rocket box on top of my car flew open as I was getting onto the freeway and a small duffel carrying all my personal shit (favorite pair of jeans, bathing suit, socks, undies, toothbrush...you get the idea) flew out and onto Hwy 84. I circled back and even had a shopping cart bum go down the freeway and look for it but no luck - it was gone! frown.gif

The following Monday I received a call from Kaiser pharmacy. A man named "Dennis" had tracked me down from my prescription and left his cell number. I called for days but the number was disconnected. WTF! confused.gif

About three months later I saw the number in my phonebook and I thought to myself "Dennis? Who the hell is Dennis?" So I tried the number again and he picked up! He'd re started his service and he still had my bag! I honestly never thought I'd see those jeans again! grin.gif

He thought the bag he found on the freeway would be filled with cash and was a little disappointed to just find "girl's crap" in there. yelrotflmao.gif