alpine toilet paper

pope

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What? What is this I hear? The self-proclaimed bolting authority using 2-ply? Gotcha, Mr. Pope. If you were so concerned about the environment, you would use single-ply paper. Anyway, who cares about a few holes in the rock when folks in the CD are getting harassed by the man!

This...is...the...CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER. Here we see the consequences of a young man who has opposed the evil of bolts, only to CONTRADICT himself by choosing a 2-ply paper, an obvious double standard of his self-righteous "environmental ethic". We can only guess that he wants it both ways: he wants to be the POPE and tell everybody how to do their business, to keep the rocks clean of their human filth, and yet he covertly uses a 2-ply paper in the mountain enviorment. Perhaps Mr. Lambone could offer a few four-letter words (not "prick"...that doesn't count) to describe Mr. Pope and his "middle-aged fucker" friend, Mr. Dwayner, who, it is important to note, has been known to wipe his ass with hard-copy of Lambone's posts in order to, in the words of Dwayner, add a little dignity to Boney's words.

With these developments, we can only speculate what Pope will do next that will further expose the hypocrisy of his bolting stance. Stay tuned.

It doesn't matter what kind you use. Pack it in pack it out. In most circumstances ( except the snowfields of popular peaks )go way off trail, leave excrement exposed to elements to quickly degenerate take paper out in plastic ziplock bag. It helps and is way less messy if you wrap final paper with clean paper before incerting in bag.

quote:

Originally posted by CAMAZONIA:

It doesn't matter what kind you use. Pack it in pack it out. In most circumstances ( except the snowfields of popular peaks )go way off trail, leave excrement exposed to elements to quickly degenerate take paper out in plastic ziplock bag. It helps and is way less messy if you wrap final paper with clean paper before incerting in bag.

freakin enviromentalists.... [hell no]

Paul, that's hilarious! [laf]

I worked for Outward Bound for several years and we did not carry or allow our students to carry any toilet paper because they would inevitably end up strewing it all over the woods if they had it. You should have seen them when we took away their stash on day one! After three weeks of wiping their butt with leaves, moss, pine cones (sweep only with the grain), sticks (peel the bark off first, rocks (river rocks are OK) and snow, most became comfortable with what they could find in the woods but they ran for the two ply as soon as they had a chance.

I am invisible I use Pampers Custom Fit Cruisers they are perfect for an active little one like me. Cruisers offer such an incredible stretch that they’ll follow me wherever I move and there is no waste issue

[Razz][Razz][big Grin][big Grin][Cool][laf][laf]

[ 05-10-2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

Before pipe bombs became de rigueur I remember tortillas (soft not crispy)being used on wall climbs - as both an alternative for TP as well a "delivery vehicle" for material removal and relocation. Right sporting. Maybe this how ultimate frisbee started.