[TR] Colorado!? WTF?!- Indian Peaks Wilderness 2/1

max

Climb: Colorado!? WTF?!-Indian Peaks Wilderness

Date of Climb: 2/13/2004

Trip Report:

Friday i didn't have any classes. Went up to indian peaks and dinked around. I wanted to check out these "peaks" for a potential ski/climb the next day. It was a gorgeous day and to be out in the sun and breathing hard!

168IP016-med.jpg

The funny thing is (yeah, real haha-like) is that thursday's lecture was about orthographic inertial gravity waves.

The next day we made a slight change plans. My friend wanted to check this place out, but I was a little nervous about the avy forcast. We went up with the agrement of a no-haggle turn-around (sounds like the John Elway "No Haggle Low Prices". How does a multi-superbowl winner become a car salesaman? Weird.) Anyways, I watched the snow and terrain and felt fine. I don't like messing with avalanche danger. 168hesse006-med.jpg

We skinned up onto the shoulder of Skyskraper peak and were blasted! with serious winds. THis was right on the divide and really felt the force! We quickly ditched the skins and hit it. Found this from the way up.

168hesse004-med.jpg

Got back to the creek and trail, kicked for about 20, skated for another 20, had a sip of warm coffee at the car, and finished up a memorable day in the mountains. I'm not a crazy skier, but this still kicked ass.

Edited by max

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic