Partner never wanted to go to Vantage

layton

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Vantage sucks. I'll take Rocky Butt and all it's used condoms, beer cans, broken glass, Bible thumpers, bolt choppers, and teenage manlovers over that scenic desert shit any day.

p.s. I didn't not send you a pm.

p.p.s. I just noticed the hairy armpits in that pic. Nice!

Edited by Alpinfox

Please stay away you can get hurt there, theres too many people there, its not warm yet, it sucks. Theres still ice to climb, you might run into a guy all covered with tatoos. And anything else that will keep you away. grin.gif

yellaf.gif Classic. Yes, it is suppose to snow this weekend at Vantage. Honest. Also, Sunshine Wall fell down. Also the FCCC is currently replacing all the bolts, so sport climbing is out. Middle East Wall has huge icycles all over it. I recommend climbing Granite in the rain and snow as an alternate. wazzup.gif

Are you referring to the recent demise of the column on which the route Tammy Faye's Dildo was located?

When climbing Shady Chimney recently I was cognizant of the fact that I was stemming against a detached pillar and that 70 ft off the ground the leverage is pretty significant. Say its 75 lbs of outward force. That would be 5250 ft lbs of torque. Mind you, the column weighs about 500 tons. All the same, I was glad that all my pieces were in the crack in the back. That would be a trip to have a column fall while you were climbing behind it. It would probably take out your belayer, or cut the rope, even if it didn't take you with it.