Ignorant about Squamish in the Spring

Greg_W

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squishy is dry for the most part on this Sunday. Need about two to three days of good weather for a worthy weekend trip around this time of the year. However, the Smoke Bluffs drys really fast and great for a one day trip for locals.

Two to three days of good weather??? You are talking about the west coast aren't you? By good weather do you mean relative to normal west coast weather. As in it only rained 3cm so far today... what a great day!! I haven't seen the sun since October! fruit.gif

Two to three days of good weather??? You are talking about the west coast aren't you? By good weather do you mean relative to normal west coast weather. As in it only rained 3cm so far today...

Don't be so bloody synical. mad.gif The West Coast does get streches of good weather despite the fact that we measure the rain fall in meters. How else would the Grand Wall be climbed in every month of the year?

hahha... ya I guess I should suck it up and get out there and give it a go.

Does Squamish get less rain than Vancouver?

I'm just used to Alberta where there's blue sky 364 days a year. If its cold you put on some warm clothes and grab your ice tools. This is driving me nuts where its too rainy to climb rock (so I thought) and not cold enough to climb ice. I can't wait for summer.

I don't know if Squamish gets less rain than Van or not...my guess it's about the same, maybe slightly more. Squamish drys very fast with all that wind. Just don't head up there like the first nice day after a rain storm. Actually, you can climb even in a typical West Coast rain storm, just stick to a nice finger crack where you can lock off! grin.gif

As for "can't do anything because it's too wet"...have you tried dry tooling on granite slab yet? wink.gif

Edited by Stemalot