La Sportiva Nepal Extremes

gabo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the comfort of the boot, it fits every well and I do have a wide foot. The problem is my right ankle has less flex than the left and this puts extreme pressure on the right ball of my foot. I just need a boot that is a little more flexible in the front. I'm looking to pick up some of the Trango S's instead. I have a pair of Salomon's that are a 3/4 shank that work fine for vertical ice and etc. so these are expendable. I hate to get rid of them considering I sunk a good deal of cash into them... Super warm a super comfy if I don't walk in them. wink.gif

I love the comfort of the boot, it fits every well and I do have a wide foot. The problem is my right ankle has less flex than the left and this puts extreme pressure on the right ball of my foot. I just need a boot that is a little more flexible in the front. I'm looking to pick up some of the Trango S's instead. I have a pair of Salomon's that are a 3/4 shank that work fine for vertical ice and etc. so these are expendable. I hate to get rid of them considering I sunk a good deal of cash into them... Super warm a super comfy if I don't walk in them. wink.gif

I have the Trango S's too and hate them. They do not fit a wide foot like the NE. They also run a size or two small. I bought the same size Trango S's as my NE and they are way too small. They are also not at all water proof. I'll never buy crampon-captible non-water proof boots again. cantfocus.gifthumbs_down.gif Those things are freaking mop buckets. They scarificed good fit and quality for light weight.

Damn. I've pratically been basing my boot buying future on getting those boots. They just seemed so perfect for what I wanted. frown.gif I was a little wary of the Trango S's due to 'rumors' of lack of waterproofing. I think the latest Backpackers review noted that as well, but when I checked in out on the LSport. web site it states the contrary. I also wasn't too keen on having to buy new crampons to fit the S's. Thanks for your input Dustin, you may have saved me some headache! yelrotflmao.gif

I spoke to LS rep one night at a gear demo and he agreed with me when I complained about the lack of water proofness. I didn't know they were making the claim that they were w/p on their website! hellno3d.gif

The lack of water proofing isn't a huge deal if you're on a day trip, but I wore them on a 4 day trip into the picketts. Never again!!! My feet were swimming the second, third, and forth days. thumbs_down.gif