The new ultalight tents...

matt_m

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD tents: They don't breathe so hot, so if you don't need the ultralight 4-season sturdiness, I'd say don't bother. Sturdy & light for those who need them.

BB, you talkin bout the new Epic-fabric BD tents or the regular Todd-Tex Biblers? I haven't tried the new Epic tents yet, but understand part of the deal with Epic tent fabric is that it's more breathable than Todd-Tex and Gore-Tex laminate.

I've spent a ton of nights in the REI QD. If you are under 6', i'd say go for it. The footprint is small, for sure, but the 2 door thing helps a lot with traffic. I've slept in 20 degree weather in one and it works in those conds too. Can't say how it does in wind, but otherwise, everything is good on that tent...if you aren't too tall. I have also had it on the scale and without stakes it is really 3 pounds 11, as advertised. 4 stakes add 2 ounces.

BD tents: They don't breathe so hot, so if you don't need the ultralight 4-season sturdiness, I'd say don't bother. Sturdy & light for those who need them.

BB, you talkin bout the new Epic-fabric BD tents or the regular Todd-Tex Biblers? I haven't tried the new Epic tents yet, but understand part of the deal with Epic tent fabric is that it's more breathable than Todd-Tex and Gore-Tex laminate.

I'm sorry, doesn't the original post specifically ask about the new BD Epic fabric Ultralight tents? wink.gif

I have a Lighthouse, and it ices up pretty bad. Haven't been in fowl weather in it yet. I've also got a Megalite, which also ices pretty bad (Sil ain't breathable) but has been bomber in high winds when set up properly.

• 2 weeks later...