Alpine Solo Tent ?

ridehikeclimbski

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One cool option with Integral is that you can choose to have the tent built of E-vent fabric, which, IMHO would be the way to go; it’s lighter (than the ToddTex or IntegralTex) and vents surprisingly well. Can literally alleviate the condensation problems frequently associated with single walled tents.

Is this based on experience or by quoting the marketing hype?

BD now makes an I-tent using Epic.

firstlight.jpg

The Firstlight is a lighter, more breathable version of the famed Bibler I-Tent. Made with Epic fabric* and SilNylon and weighing a scant two pounds nine ounces, the Firstlight is equally at home on hot desert or cool summer alpine trips. An innovative door design peels open to the floor, allowing easy access. Door netting and a small back window provide cross-ventilation. Perfectly suited for alpinists looking for an ultralightweight and packable tent.

*EPIC by Nextec fabrics are highly water resistant. This means they resist penetration by water under all but the most extreme conditions.

Color: Maize

Packaged weight: 1.16 kg (2 lb 9 oz)

2 lb 9 oz. blush.gif Now dats lite.

BD Firstlight tent

I've used the Integral MK1lite Event tent on the last 3 climbs I've done, and it rocks. The normal MK1lite weighs less than the I-tent, and the Event MK1lite weighs significantly less than the normal MK1lite. The Event fabric is also more breathable than Toddtex or Tegraltex. I also think that the Integral vents are much better than the Bibler vents.

If I could afford two single-wall tents, I'd get the MK1lite Event AND the Bibler Firstlight (I think the Firstlight would have it's place for when the forecast is really good.). However, I can't afford two, and thus I would get the MK1lite Event.