Canadian border patrol protecting the homeland

glacier

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so hard on the poor dame. It's a common mistake. Lots of people carry hand grenades in their glove boxes. You never know when something like that might come in handy. Unless you are a frequent traveler to Canada, it's just so easy to forget to remove your grenade. I think we need a public relations campaign called Grenade Awareness Month. You could have a billboard that has a checklist: Mirrors- Check, Seatbelts- Check, Gasoline - Check, Hand grenade - Check.

ABC News

"The driver, a woman from Houston, was taken into custody but released after interviewers determined she hadn't known the grenade was in the car, Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokesman Tim Shields said. The woman's husband works for the U.S. military and is apparently stationed at Fort Lewis, south of Tacoma, he said."

I'm sure the US Military will be most happy that they've found their grenade.

I got a logical explanation. Hubby was out on maneuvers. He's holding his grenade; he's about to pull the pin when his cell phone rings. It's his wife. She wants him to pick up some milk and eggs on the way home. Hubby fumbles for a pen to write with, absent-mindedly stick grenade in back pocket. Promptly forgets about grenade (because he's a guy). Finishes up his marching and heads home for the day. He sits down in his car and of course, he feels the grenade in the pocket and it is uncomfortable. He pulls it out and says, "damn I forgot all about this", and shoves it in the glove box. Turns on the radio and (because he is a guy) promptly forgets all about the grenade.