Phalanx Mtn. (Spearhead Range)

PaulB

Anyone out there familiar with Phalanx?

Specifically, I'm wondering if there is a way to get back in bounds from the bench at 1800m on the north side of the mountain without traversing all the way around to the base of the Poop Shoots. Yesterday, we saw several tracks heading down into the trees from the west end of the mountain, but looking at the Baldwin map it wasn't obvious where they might end up.

The run from the summit, down the Phalanx Glacier to the bench (2100 ft. elev loss) is fantastic. thumbs_up.gif Just have to watch out for heli-skiers.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From where you describe the tracks heading off I don't think there is any easier way back in bounds than the one you describe by traversing the bench to the base of the poop shoots. Do you think it is possible they were heading to Wedge Pass, and then up and over to the Wedge area (the usual route taken here is directly down the Spearhead glacier to Wedge Pass, but maybe they were trying something different). I don't have a map in front of me but it might be possible to cut back towards the golf courses etc. Any more info on this would be interesting.