• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
chirp

Tacoma?? besides the obvious?

Are there any gyms or GOOD public walls besides Spire and YMCA in Tacoma...or near Tacoma, aside from driving to Seattle of Bremerton? Any beta would be really appreciated! fruit.gif

Word is that vertical world is building a new gym in that area, not sure where exactly or when it will be open.

There was talk of a VW gym in the area before I left for Vegas 7 years ago. I wish they would but it still seems sketchy. Ill check out their web site and pop em an email! Thanks for the post!!

UPS has converted a raquetball court into a bouldering room. Pretty good routes there, and its only a few blocks from my house. Alpine Experience in Oly is planning to open a large gym in a few months. VW has no plans to build a gym in T-town, to my knowledge. I think they're too busy trying to fill the bremerton gym.

Alpine experience plans to open their gym in oly sometime in July. From what I've heard, its sounds like it will be pretty sweet.

About two or three weeks ago some guy came into backpackers supply showing a picture of some building he had bought out by the Narrows, and he was going to build a climbing wall there. He wanted to let us (some employees and customers) know about it, but he didn't have a proposed date for opening or anything. It is probably just another dead end, but who knows.

any more info on a Narrows gym fig8? This creates the quandry of whether I should buy a membership to the new gym in Oly or not. The gym in Oly opens around the 4th of July. cantfocus.gif

I was in VW in Bremerton last weekend and asked. Guy at the counter said they are looking at South King County.