I'm looking for a new secretary.

Bohanon

How many employers have hired women over men, simply because they were women? I find it interesting that older women and most men find it disdainful when young women exhibit their wares to get a job.

This is part of human nature, like it or not. I do not hire a person on 'looks' but it is part of the over all consideration. If you are talking 'retail' it works, why do you think "hooters" do so well.

yellaf.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for my first real job I wore a skirt and a blouse toi the interview. I was hired on the spot because I had nice legs... thsi was for a pizza place shocked.gif it wasn't on purpose, but it did work in my favor

btw I was 17 at the time

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Humans are sexual animals and we relate to each other based on instinct of attraction 1st and foremost. While we rarely recognize our bias, it is the building block for all our friendships of either gender, and business relations. We are drawn to characteristics in people that could be considered good breeding stock, whether it be healthy looks and stature, nurturing kindness or high intellect.

I think proof of this is our desires and attraction toward the beautiful people when most of us know that it doesn't assure great sex will be had!

This 1st response is fleeting, time allows us to move beyond the human nature, evaluate other characteristics and develop empathy. So it only serves to think that job interviews would be subject to our nature because it sets up a quick judgment requirement.

Bring on the juggies!!!!!! tongue.gif

the women who know that they look good understand that sex sells and they figure out how to use it to their advantage no matter how subtle. the ugly women are the only ones who complain that life isnt fair and that looks shouldnt matter.

not very PC, but its a fact of life. human nature is human nature any way you look at it.

i got my first "real" job interview b/c my boss thought that i was indian also (based on my name) i got that job b/c i negotiated on the salary. (he got a hell of a deal for 3 months) i'm pretty sure w/that man it had nothing to do w/my looks.

every serving job i've ever had has had everything to do w/using my looks to shlep drinks. i made a lot of money that way and i've got zero problem with it. we've all got talents and advantages why not use what you've got?