Cantwell on Fee Demo

glen

All this talk is quite disturbing. Apparently a lot of you have overlooked the fact that without a lot of hard, unthankful work on the part of our government workers, that you would have no where to play on the weekends. Without the Ranger Stations and the invaluable information dispensed from within, most of you would simply not be able to make it out of the parking lot. In this time of national crisis there is no extra money to support the nature lovers. Those of you who love your country and want to do your best to win the war on terrorism should show your support and go out today to buy your Northwest Forest Pass. Heck, go out and buy two!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'll gladly pay to help keep our trails in good shape in so forth"

This sentiment is disturbing to me. We all already pay when we pay our taxes. Why should users pay twice? Very few other types of departments are supported by such pay to play tax schemes....why is the Forest Service doing so? Should we just call them all National parks? No because then they couldn't log them.

My biggest gripe is that I have to pay a fee for what is probably the lowest impact form of recreation there is. The fee is supposedly to maintain the trails. They then take those fees and build massive visitor centers (like at Mt. St. Helens) which are, of course, free to visit. So the fee for my low impact use goes to subsidize very high impact sights. That sux.

Oh yeah, and I agree. Cantwell didn't say shit in her canned response. Like Glen said "tell them what they told you, empathize, support... do nothing."