• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pandora.

Did you go up there?

How much snow was there on the southern exposure up to Ingalls lk?

Where did the snow start?

I might take my girls up there this weekend if it has some dry spots to camp on.

Thanks for any info.

I was up there Sunday 5/22. Snow started a few hundred feet below Ingalls Pass along the trail and the basin around the lake is under about two feet of freshiez. The sun sure melts it off fast, though, as there was much more bare trail on the hike out midafternoon. The road is indeed open to the trailhead. Stuart sure is perty with a nice dusting!

mattyg - there are several variations, but the most commonly used route begins a little further right and avoids that totally vertical section that is marked in the picture. I'll try to attach a couple pics i took a few years ago on the route.

461850-Lookingupatanotherteam.thumb.JPG.6043325b7c051b4613051386d77bfb99.JPG

Teanaway River Rd to the end of pavement, then take the right fork dirt road until it ends at the trailhead in several miles. Stay on the main road. Hike up the trail 1/4mi. to a fork, turn right. Stay left at the next fork. There are signs on the trail at the junctions, you're looking for Ingalls Way Trail and Ingalls Pass.