Adam_Palmer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This reminds me Dru about Centre Creek.

Dru, about how much snow is on the ground up the Chilliwack river road around Centre Creek/Nesakwatch? Or at what elevation does the snow start?

about 300m elevation and none on main chilliwack river road cause they plow it to the lake. you arent going to be able to drive either nesakwatch or center, you cant even drive center in the summer anymore by the way frown.gif

Edited by Dru

Two weeks ago there was only a few inches on the Nesakwatch in the area of the slide (which contrary to reports IS drivable, btw, with some hc), given the sun of late I'm sure you could drive much further if you wanted. Though for what purpose at the moment I'm not sure tongue.gif

about 300m elevation and none on main chilliwack river road cause they plow it to the lake. you arent going to be able to drive either nesakwatch or center, you cant even drive center in the summer anymore by the way frown.gif

I know Centre is a mtnbike/hike combo. I am just trying to figure out when the earliest someone could go up Centre creek using the mtnbike. The elevation of the snow gives me an indication of similar areas to the east of Seattle and when they get freed up of snow with similar elevations in a valley and north-south direction of a road.

Actually I would love to find some oldtimer gear and take photos like that...some of the old clothes and ropes, boots...etc. are amazing, everytime I go into an antique shop I look for old ice axes,and stuff like that.

What I was actually comparing was just the rock in the background to see any geological change...etc. I had a bunch more that I was comparing with some old photos...In only some 80-85 years, some rock has really changed in some pics.

• 1 month later...

it's hard to tell, but is that the gendarme near the bottom of the SW ridge? confused.gif really with the fog and lack of landmarks it could be any tower. i don't think it's the summit of S Nesakwatch though because there are no offwidths wink.gif

Actually, its just a tiny little spire on the approach to the border peaks from the south side, sitting in the grassy alpine meadow about 5800ft, the little spire is a cool little 70ft climb, that is if you bust some moves on the face, if not, you can scramble up one side of it, but it makes for some good pics...

• 16 years later...

Hello, I'm realizing that this thread is VERY VERY old. I'm trying to find the original photo for the first Slesse ascent posted above by Adam Palmer. I'm hoping to use it for an article in Alpinist Magazine. Can anyone help out?

Thanks!!!! photo@alpinist.com

Mike Lorenz