Clarity

Peter_Puget

It becomes clear, when we examine the motives and behavior of the military-industrial complex in sustaining this cycle of fear and consumption, that there can be no accomodation with a 'defense' industry as long as it remains an 'industry'. Within the Capitalist framework, the military inevitably becomes a tool for the economic elite to maintain its position of privilege. It is a prime driver of the falsely unified consciousness of the 'American Way of Life'. We cannot hope to build an actual 'defense industry' within the capitalist state, because such an industry cannot defend us from our most dangerous enemy: the artificial separation of Americans from the class interests which would otherwise drive them to create a more equitable society. The 'peace' which we have experienced intermittently through the last four decades is in fact the most despicable sort of war, a stealthy, steady war on the potential to finally build a healthy society. Antiwar activists who have come out of the woodwork to protest now that George Bush has finally brought the war into the open are, possibly unawares, footsoldiers in the service of the war machine; by protesting 'war' now, they help to perpetuate the illusion that there is a peaceful state, 'normal', to which we can return if only we will stop this invasion. "No Blood for Oil"? It is too little, too late. We need "No Peace Unto the Wicked".

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm…I’d rate that about a seven point five. Well written, abstract thinking. Good choice of evocative words (like ‘prime driver’—uh, not to be confused with ‘pile driver’). But flawed in pointing to one problem as the only problem and its proposed solution.

It points out some of what we are experiencing as the contemporary problem but its solution lies in seeking to ‘'immanentize the eschaton' or, in other words, to create a society that seemingly represents heaven on earth, in the here and now. The problem is that class struggle is irresolvable in a world where the ‘wicked’ exist. By that, I mean, there are other countries willing to harm us so we cannot eliminate our military in favor of a system that relies solely on law. That law has to be backed up by threat of force.

Hell HR, I say we trade medical supplies, food and contraceptives for oil. If they want to stay healthy, eat then let’s deal other wise let them die and starve to death. Contraceptives are for us so we can cut back on their growing numbers. Let them fuck, but cut out the little terrorists to yet born. And for all you bleeding hearts THIS IS NOT A TROLL ITS HOW I FEEL AND OPERATE

Hell HR, I say we trade medical supplies, food and contraceptives for oil. If they want to stay healthy, eat then let’s deal other wise let them die and starve to death. Contraceptives are for us so we can cut back on their growing numbers. Let them fuck, but cut out the little terrorists to yet born. And for all you bleeding hearts THIS IS NOT A TROLL ITS HOW I FEEL AND OPERATE
thumbs_up.gif

Johnny, isn't there a saying something like, 'when the chickens come home to roost'?

Know what it means? Suppose that some ill behavior directed towards us is partly the consequence of this sort of blackmailing, i.e., threatening to cut off life supplies?

Know what we do then? Let them starve and rot in their homeland and cut off all immigration status for anyone with that ethnic origin or country status. I am sick and tired of all the BS of playing around and kissing ass of other nations. Fuck 'em. Alternative fuels are here the only problem is our system. We are not ready to say lets switch to the alternative and say FUCK YOU to OPEC! Wish I could volunteer to say moon.gif and the_finger.gif. Fuck the OPEC nations! madgo_ron.gif

touche, catbird. I've complained about ethanol here before, only to be berated by the environazis.

There are ethanol carpetbaggers proposing to build ethanol plants all around the US. They are all after incentive $. What a stupid idea, with corn and soybean prices at like ten-year highs right now, we're gonna give tax money so that a con artist can go build an ethanol plant in Bumfuck, ND, then haul corn in unit trains from IL to run it. What a load of horsecrap. It also cuts against the grain of the no-GM-corn&soy constituency. If you promote an industrial market for corn and soybean farmers, you can expect them to grow an 'industrial' (GM) crop, not focussing on the consumer or the feed market. thumbs_down.gif