Threads You Want To See in This Forum

DCramer

In a perfect world these would be threads on cc.com:

1 – Freeing of second pitch of Golden Arch. Only a body length to go!

2 – Free the start of 10%. Thin but good pro. Clean and dries fast.

3 – Free Hell Bent For Glory. Only a few hangs need to be eliminated.

4 – Free Bobcat Reality.

Faster please!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up doing a Remorse finish to Outer Space at the end of a 3-in-a-day a few years back because of a major traffic jam at the base of pitch 5. Angling up and right from the bottom of the Shield, fairly easy climbing got us to a ledge where we saw a couple of bolts heading up and back left. The moves were thin and dirty, as were the bolts. The pitch ended at the start of 4th class terrain that traversed up and over to the top of Outer Space.

Adventure climbing at it's finest.

The name is apropriate.

In a perfect world these would be threads on cc.com:

1 ? Freeing of second pitch of Golden Arch. Only a body length to go!

2 ? Free the start of 10%. Thin but good pro. Clean and dries fast.

3 ? Free Hell Bent For Glory. Only a few hangs need to be eliminated.

4 ? Free Bobcat Reality.

Faster please!

5 - Directions and Topos to Secret Crags. wave.gif

Personally, I love the fresh bread ....

All kidding aside, DC makes a good point with this thread... the climbing community is getting stronger and the remaining "last great problems" can breathe new life into a area that once stood out as one of America's best crags.

Town Crier

The Golden Arch

The Dihedral route

The Zipper

Hell Bent For Glory

Abraxas

The Green Dragon

Just look at all these prizes, just waiting to be won.....

I want to see detailed beta on the new routes going up,I'm getting tired of the same old classic choss.

Speaking of classic choss, who is holding on to the beta for all that new stuff I here is going up in the Tieton. I heard there is some killer stuff up at south fork, I can't seem to find that crag, I went up that way last fall and got lost ,I road around on old dirt roads for hours.

Do the FA dudes surf here? come on give it up , spring is getting close.

DICK wave.gif

I could post a TR of the East Face since I was the one to start the E.Face rumour... verification would be welcomed. We started up the East face based on the description in Selected Climbs Vol. II. We found shattered loose rock for two pitches until we were able to traverse left (with 1 rappel) into the steep gully between the main peak and its satellite to the South. I wish I would have taken pictures but since I had very little film (before my digi camera) and it didn't dawn on me that perhaps there had been a rockfall... I didn't. I can tell you that the climb was scary and loose -- that didn't fit the description that was in the book. Once we were able to climb onto the SE Face and the ridge the climbing was great. Here are some pics of the trip.

Rounding the southern satellite of Gunsight (Backside of the group)

31back_gs-thumb.JPG

Climbing on the exposed Ridge crest (upper part of the E. Face as described in Selected Climbs)

31gsridge-thumb.JPG

Nearing the summit of the main peak (final pitch)

31gunsight_summit-thumb.JPG

If I was to go back there again I would do some FA(s) on the Southern peaks and hit the Nelson route. I didn't bring wide gear so I was not keen on the OW.

The backside of

I want to see detailed beta on the new routes going up,I'm getting tired of the same old classic choss.

Speaking of classic choss, who is holding on to the beta for all that new stuff I here is going up in the Tieton. I heard there is some killer stuff up at south fork, I can't seem to find that crag, I went up that way last fall and got lost ,I road around on old dirt roads for hours.

Do the FA dudes surf here? come on give it up , spring is getting close.

DICK wave.gif

South Fork is a pile. You're just as fortunate to have gotten lost. Nothing to see there, move along.

Besides, I seem to remember you berating sport routes in the Tieton at one time; something about them not having mindless jugs, like 38 or Vantage... rolleyes.gif