Who wants to climb Rainier with me

Tyler151

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now planning to go May 28-30 and June 11-13. The South Tahoma Glacier trip will be the May trip. So far GregW and BillyGoat have committed to that date.

Rick_Sharpless, Tyler151,RobBob, Ketch, Plinko, JohnT, Minx, and hillweasel have all expressed interest. That's 11. That would make 3 groups. But like I said, only a few of us will really show up at the trailhead.

I am now planning to go May 28-30 and June 11-13. The South Tahoma Glacier trip will be the May trip. So far GregW and BillyGoat have committed to that date.

Rick_Sharpless, Tyler151,RobBob, Ketch, Plinko, JohnT, Minx, and hillweasel have all expressed interest. That's 11. That would make 3 groups. But like I said, only a few of us will really show up at the trailhead.

Plan sounds good, however, let's be wary of the numbers.

Right. Part of the reason I want to do the S Tahoma is to get away from the crowds. If we end up with a dozen climbers, I will be trying to talk people into breaking into separate groups and doing other routes. We can meet at the summit and put up a cloud. There are at least a couple other experienced Rainier climbers in the list so this shouldn't be a problem.

Tyler151 just committed to the May date. That makes 4 in our party. I would rather not have more than that on a rope.

I guess we could split into two ropes if there are a couple more interested in ST but any more than that would kind of defeat the purpose of getting away from the crowded routes.

Definitely cannot do the early june dates - my brother is marrying a lady from thailand and the feng shui man says the wedding has to be June 6 - wazzup.gif so I'll be elsewhere a week or so either side of that date. Late may is problematic because of a professional comittment but maybe it will resolve. The late June date is a possible.

Sounds like the May trip and the June trip are booked up. Anyone else who wants to go will have to get their own rope team together. It would be fun to try to meet folks on the summit and elswhere but that will be iffy.

If anyone needs gear, I have some for sale. Pons, axe, miscelaneous.

July is wife month. August is family month. Catch as catch can.