Pieps Avalanche Beacon

JERRY_SANCHEZ

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

say what? the yellow pieps does just fine picking up digital beacons. All beacons, digital or analog, transmit in the same fashion, if they transmit on 457.

Indeed! There are problems with frequency drift in all beacons as they age, leading to incompatibility (check at the trailhead!) $140 for a used Non-Digital old school beacon hellno3d.gif

one thing to note about the peips is that if it is the old analog model it will not pick up the newer digital beacons. so if you buy this make sure it is not analog. or you will never find your friends if they are buried.

Either you are trying to make a really bad joke, or your are sorely mistaken.

There is a tiny problem with some of the newer digital beacons not picking up older analog beacons who's signal frequency has drifted out of spec, but I have never heard of any problem in the direction you speak of.

Of course , if it is a really old[/i] analog model, 2.275 (?) frequency, then it won't work with any modern beacon.

If you have proof or sources that show otherwise, I would love to read them.

analog is old and digi in new...

we were out practicing 2 weeks ago with a yellow peips, a red on red, a m2 and a sos....

both the yellow and red pieps could not locate the m2....they located the sos.

maybe i should have not used the word never....

but i still would not waste $140 buying outdated equipment...cause if look hard enough you can find newer gear for near the same price.

the red pieps is an old old one...tho still 457....

could not locate is that even with probing we could never get close enough to get them with the intial digging.

yeah the sos found the m2 no probs.

all i am saying is why buy an outdated piece of equipment?? sure it will work to some proximity...but i would not want my partners attempting to locate me with an old analog beacon.