Mile O Hotel

HRoark

Thought I'd drop a few editorial comments on the newer management of the Mile O in Lillouet. Apparently, in order to save money, the maid turns your thermostat down to the lowest setting when she cleans the room; this happened to me on both occasions when I stayed there. Second, after a day of climbing this past weekend, I returned to my room to a nice, semi-tepid shower; that is fucked. After talk with several others, it appears that quality of service is going downhill. Draw your own conclusions and make your own decisions.

Roark

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lillooet also some good B&Bs that would be more than happy to have climbers come in.

Two examples:

Bountiful Gardens - 250-256-4355 - Cindy has space to hang up ropes to dry and does a good breakfast

Sturgeon Bay - 250-256-7792

Also the Reynolds Hotel is going through a major renovation, though not done yet

There are also a few options for renting whole houses for a weekend for larger groups.

How about some beta on cheapo dirtbag lodgings. Are there hostle/dormer type flophouses anywhere nearby? I stayed at the Alpine Club of Canada in Canmore a couple weeks ago. They had a drying room, kitchen, hot showers, and it cost about $20 a night. That's good enough for me wink.gif

How about some beta on cheapo dirtbag lodgings. Are there hostle/dormer type flophouses anywhere nearby? I stayed at the Alpine Club of Canada in Canmore a couple weeks ago. They had a drying room, kitchen, hot showers, and it cost about $20 a night. That's good enough for me wink.gif

Speaking of rates

Does anyone have a photographic memory to where they could name the rates for all the places? (4 pines, Mile 0 etc.) -Or at least rank them in order by relative price?

I've been a faithful Reynold's only customer for almost a decade but was upset by the recent price jump and the fact that they gave away my buddie's reservation.

The idea of hostel type accommodation has been on the cards for some years in Lillooet. there is a perfect property to transform, but the owner has been given grief by local red tape and therefore has decided not to do this at this time.

If this seems crazy to you, I suggest you drop the District of Lillooet a line and ask why there are no hostel accommodations.

Here is another cheap option for groups. Jade Valley Pottery Bed and Breakfast. right behind the firehall. It is a actually a 2 bedroom apartment and owner does nto give you an significant gbreakfast. Has two bedrooms, cable TV, internet access and a double futon in the living room. And of course a full kitchen.

He is looking for about $60 a night - shared four ways that is $15 a night. He also has no problem with more people coming and sleepy on the floor - he has heard the climbers have a good rep.

His name is Erdman Tuemp and is the local ecentric potter/jade freak. 250-256-7455, though answering machine as he does not believe in them. email is jadevally@hotmail.com

If he seems odd on the phone, just say that Bernard recommended you call him.

i've stayed at the 4 Pines a lot more than at Mile 0 over the years, partially cuz it was cheaper, partially cuz it seemed to have more "lillooet character". if u stay in the "old" wing, the "climbers rate" (ask for it...) is only $38 for 2, $44 for 3. the room are smaller than at Mile 0, and the bed arrangements vary wildly, from a dbl plus single, to 3 singles, to 2 doubles. ask what's available. some rooms are non-smoking, some not - the odour doesn't bother me, so i just take whatever if they are crowded, which is rare. a cpl rooms have fan-type heaters, good for drying. the hot-water tank is way off at one end of the building, and the pipes must not be well insulated, so u gotta run the taps for a minute to get a hot shower, but i've never experienced lack of hot water.

the "new" wing is $10 more. dru cld clarify whether all the new rooms have the jacuzzi arrangement, or whether that's $10 more again. i've been in there once, and it was nice - better than Mile 0, i'd say.

i've dumped myself into the Mile 0 a few times this winter cuz that seemed to be the best place to hang out with others - the rooms are nicer than the "old" wing at 4 Pines, but i've put in about 8 nites this winter so far, and that's a fair few $$$ difference to put towards my bar-tab.

HRoack:

i'd suggest phoning the management about your issues. they don't read this site, i'd guess. i can see the thermostat thing being OK if you're not drying gear during the day, but the cleaning lady should be told to leave it at 20ºC if there is gear strewn around. as for the lack of hot water, again, if customers complain, the management will have to react or lose customers. i have a hard time imagining they actually turn down the temp on the water tanks (that probably wastes more energy on re-heating than leaving it alone wld do), so maybe the problem is that the tanks are just too small.

give 'em a call and let us know what the response is...

cheers,

there is nothing cheapo, but if u put 2 ppl in a $48 motel room that is $24/night each which is only $4 more...

Hey Dru, did you realize that the more people you put in a room the cheaper it gets? The limit of the price per person as the number of people approaches infinity goes to zero! Imagine that! cantfocus.gif

there is nothing cheapo, but if u put 2 ppl in a $48 motel room that is $24/night each which is only $4 more...

Hey Dru, did you realize that the more people you put in a room the cheaper it gets? The limit of the price per person as the number of people approaches infinity goes to zero! Imagine that! cantfocus.gif

refers to style (flophouse) not price. However, you are technically correct. However, I am willing to pay a small but finite fee not to tay in a room with an infinite number of other people. Also there is an extra person charge of $5/person after 2, which will prevent convergence on $0. With a large enough number of ppl in one room the price would converge on $5. However, the building code would tend to prevent such convergence and in fact will create an asymptotic limit to the price per person. rolleyes.gif