Total BS - I really feel safe now

mr.radon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your point about the inability to stop the smuggler (or illegal worker) from crossing the borders without being checked is correct, well taken, and frustrating.

I can see where you’d be pissed off.

As far as it being from a friendly country goes, statistically you’re correct in implying that the VAST majority of Brits would not seek to terrorize the US, however, threats can, and do come from anywhere and everywhere. Think McViegh.

McViegh could not have afforded the postage to mail enough fertilizer to the Federal Building he blew up. The smell also would have clued someone in.

I have no doubt that what the Department of Homeland Security did was legal. My whole point is how pointless it was. I'm surprised that the government caught this letter. Maybe I should congratulate the administration. After all they wasted money to inspect a letter going to the average Joe citizen. They're not just focusing on letters to law enforcement agencies or governmental buildings. But then again, do we want to mortgage our kids future to inspect letters? Isn't there a better place to allocate these scarce resources? I laugh at the fact tons of illegal drugs, thousands of illegal immigrants and hundreds of criminals penetrate our borders in a continuous stream. If the street price for coke or heroin (stuff you can't easily grow local) were to quintuple I might feel safer. If Mexico and Canada starts complaining because we prevent 9 out of 10 illegal immigrants from crossing our border I might start feeling a little safer.

Maybe the only reason they inspect letters like my dad's is to advertise to the average Joe that something is being done with the billions sent to the department of Homeland Security. Maybe this is all a publicity stunt.