Binding mounting blunder

JoshK

I just mounted a binding to a ski and managed to get it about 2mm from center laterally. Does anybody know how much (if at all) this will effect the way it will ski? Do I need to take it off and find some sort of fix-it plan? This is on a ski with a 84mm waist, so I'm wondering if it's fatness will make the blunder less severe.

-josh

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2mm is relatively little. Probably more important is if all the components of the binding are equally off-center (assuming there is a toe and a heel piece). If the toe were centered and the heel off (or vice-versa) then additional wear and tear on the bindings or if they are releaseable, release characteristics might be affected.

If you have a choice, you might have the side that the binding is mounted closer to be your inner edge. I would imagine it would be easier to get edge bite that way.

how will it affect the ski if he remounts it?

it would probably affect the ski more if it is remounted, since you'd have to move the bindings in front of or behind the center, since you can't just move them 2mm laterally.

i think you should leave it, you'll probably have a hard time telling the difference.