NEW PHOTO GALLERY!

jon

Ok so I'm totally jumping the gun here but the new photo gallery is up, I just need to apply a template to it.

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/cgi-bin/album.pl

As you'll see I've been dicking around just testing it out but now it is time for the masses to test it out. Go ahead and upload some photos using your message board user account.

So I what I'm wondering is how the photo gallery should be setup. Right now I we can either have a bunch of categories like it is now or each user can have their own gallery, but not both. I'll let you guess decide the fate of that decision.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think that is a good idea too. Basically I just want to know if people would rather having their own gallery or have it categorized some other way. I'll add some new categories right now.

Mulvey Basin does not exist. It is a fantastical assemblage that Terry has obviously put together using shots from Kyrgystan and the Sierras. Okay, if you have to know, it is in the Valhallas outside of Nelson, BC. The 4500' face on the left is the N face of Mt Dag, its NE face is HUGE and the entire N. side contains only three routes: "Sweet Judy Blue Eyes," put up by Roskelly et al in the 70s, and "Ankles Me Boy"/"Ankles as Far as the Eye Can See", both aid routes put up two years ago; see this year's AAJ. The opposite side of the cirque out of view is just as impressive. What keeps most suitors away is the three day approach through bug and grizzly infested swamps. That and the rock is absolute choss! [Wink]

Here's a picture of the NE face of Dag from an account of the first Canadian ascent of the North Face by Shaun West and Pierre Kaughman in 2001, published in Kootney Mountain Culture, a magazine I seem to get every few years from Snowpack Outdoor Experience in Nelson

1508_mtdag.jpg

[ 05-02-2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: jordop ]

quote:

The opposite side of the cirque out of view is just as impressive. What keeps most suitors away is the three day approach through bug and grizzly infested swamps. That and the rock is absolute choss!

I just added a view of the other side of the cirque. Our trip was aborted due to rain, but there is a hell of a lot of nice rock. If the rock is as good as Gimli, then yeah it's choss. The guide book is pretty limited so you're, basically on your own which adds to the fun. There is an approach that isn't recommended through bug and grizzly country but we didn't go that way. It took us four hours from our camp in the Basin back to car. The drive is long, especially from the Wet Side.