Bush lied, people died...

chucK

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erf,

What's the solution from the safety of your couch? Clue us in.

Hey tele_nut,

Just imagine, I was falling asleep on the couch when suddenly an unresolved issue came up. How come the guys in uniform are not supposed to express any bad feelings they may have about the current venture, yet they seem to have all the leeway they need if they feel like spewing in support of it? I am genuinely interested in your response.

Erf,

What's the solution from the safety of your couch? Clue us in.

Hey tele_nut,

Just imagine, I was falling asleep on the couch when suddenly an unresolved issue came up. How come the guys in uniform are not supposed to express any bad feelings they may have about the current venture, yet they seem to have all the leeway they need if they feel like spewing in support of it? I am genuinely interested in your response.

Erf,

"I, _____________ERF______________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed overme, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

pitty.gif

I'm not trying to help Erf here but require some clarification.

There are exceptions where a soldier cannot be persecuted for failure to obey if the order is unlawful. Are there other specific circumstances that cause the complete submission to this oath to be invalid such as conflict between the Constitution and the standing government?

"Here is your stability my main man".

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/RRiraqWar.html

If you remember earlier I posted that I personally did not believe the stated reasons for the war. I have ALWAYS believed this was a war of economy. Since I enjoy the standard of living I currently maintain, and I would like my children, and my grandchildren to be able to enjoy it...I have no heartburn being here. I am going to buy a big fat gas guzzler truck when I get back. Paid for by my contracting salary and drive it till the tires fall off.

If you want to pine away for your stated principals feel free to, but remember when you are out climbing (which is in fact somewhat of a rich man's leisure sport), having driven there in your Audi, just feel free to plug in that 75.00 cam, and thank Bush and his politics for your good fortune. If the thought of losing 40% of your money and rife unemployment sounds good then fall down on your face and bow to the new Euro dollar instead. Hell, move over to Chamonix and get a job waiting tables because it will probably pay more than your current job. I do respect the idea of a higher path (and your ideals), but I do not believe that we could have beaten the Euro's to the punch in this instance. We have moved the big Queen on the chess board of the world and now anything goes.

Over here in Iraq they're lucky to have a few hours to play english football for fun.

I certainly believe that people have the right to know that this is *probably* (undoubtedly?) the real underlying reason for us going to war. Essentially it is a proxy war with Europe waged in the middle east. It is a sad state of affairs when government assumes that it's people are stupid and naive and that it somehow has to B.S. it's way into a conflict.

Think...since average Joe like you and me can figure this out how certain do you think that average Joe congressman or Senator whether democratic or republican knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they voted for the start of the war? Now they want to play politics and bury their heads in the sand in order to appease their constituents...some things will never change.

The new Iraqi currency is already being valued (EST.) on some markets at almost 4 to 1 with the USD. 3 to 1 on conservative markets. I am buying ID at 1300 to 1 right now on the open market.