Portland Pub Club May 9th

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in.

Lucky Lab works for me but I am up for someplace different as well. Don't suppose I could talk you ladies/gents into heading north to Vancouver and hitting the Hazel Dell Brewpub?

If not it really does not matter much to me as long as Will doesn't take us to the place where he and Eric "consumed mass quantities". I don't want to be "zukin' & chumin'" the next day. If I remember didn't it have something to do with the 24 hour church of Elvis?

wes .... will belay for beer

[big Drink]

Yeah Wes, that would be the Space Room...one of the two stiffest drinks in town...other place is right across the street Sewickly's Addition (fondly known as the Sickly Addiction). If you ever want bang for the buck those are the places. As an added bonus, Tonya Harding sometimes works at Sewickly's.

So someone have ideas for a different place? Rob? Pdxclimber? Dave Anne Jennie? Imorris? Somebody anybody? Kennedy? Buhler...Buhler

Is "charbonneau" now its own city?

"Pro Row" is Produce Row. Located in the industrial eastside by the river in, oddly enough, historic Produce Row. Few blocks north of Montage essentially.

It actually was one of the first McPubs and the only one I am aware of that was later sold.

Does the Kingston still do fries with gravy?

Thanks, Will, for starting this.

My vote would be Horse Brass, Produce Row or Beaulahland (if they don't have a band...too loud)

And for a cheaper alternative; if someone wants to donate a house for the evening I will donate a keg ( or two).

cheers - steve (TG)

[ 05-02-2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Terminal Gravity ]

quote:

Originally posted by Terminal Gravity:

Thanks, Will, for starting this.

My vote would be Horse Brass, Produce Row or Beaulahland (if they don't have a band...too loud)

And for a cheaper alternative; if someone wants to donate a house for the evening I will donate a keg ( or two).

cheers - steve (TG)

That's damn tempting. I may be willing to offer up a backyard only blocks from Dots, within stumbling distance of Doc's and complete with hand blown apparati in exchange for a keg.

Hey carolyn head over to the Cabooze and drink one for me! Went to college at Macalester and saw a killer Bela Fleck show there. Glad to be back in my homeland though. Minnesota was a tough adjustment for me (culturally and topographically).

The lab is fine if you sit outside. Inside is too noisy to carry on much of a conversation unless you're right next to each other.

I've spent many memory-less nights at the Spaceroom. And various places within staggering distance.

Bridgeport in NW is another option. Pizza sucks but good beer. I'm not too fond of the burbs so if you go there its unlikely I will be in attendance but don't make that a deciding factor. A couple of ideas for meetings are:

Dot's

Alameda Ale House

Horsebrass

Black Cat

Barley Mill

I love Dot's (I'm sure you can all tell I lived in the Clinton/Division neighborhood by now), but seating might be a challenge. Barley Mill is cool even if it's a McM joint, and I've got a friend that works there so we might even get hooked up on some cheap brew if he's working.

Other options: Vincente's Pizza (great 'za and good beer as well, seating should be easy). Or maybe the Kingston on Burnside and about 20th, I spent a good bit of time there this weekend while my van was out of commission.

We could also take over at the Tugboat, place is small (smallest brewpub in PDX) but good beer, friendly staff, right off Burnside at about 6th.

Glad I started this thread early, this might take a while.

Tugboat is cool and has the added bonus of being adjacent to Mary's in case you want to gape at enhanced breast tissue after lubing up on beer.

Places downtown have the negative of parking difficulties though.

I used to work for McM. I'm pretty much done consuming their beers but they usually have a deschutes or two on tap.

I think someone should just make a decision and run with it. A lot of positive feedback on the Lab so far. If its a nice day, being outside would be cool. I can bring my dogs and we can watch them hump each other. Maybe Timmy will want to bring his camera?

I'd call it but I can't guarantee I will be there.

Good call on Pro Row. Man, I never remember that place.

Several guinness + sharp, pointy objects + electricity = darkness

I blew the circuit breaker at Horse Brass once. What kind of a moron puts a dart board adjacent to an electrical outlet?

Pro Row? Don't know that one...

Maybe we should give it a day or two and let more people weigh in, we've got a week.

Ahh Mary's, I was there Sun night meeting some bros who just moved to town from Tahoe...literally parked the U Haul on Ankeny and went straight in the bar. I dropped a full pint in my lap I was so drunk (had put in some quality time at the Kingston when they called)...boy I have my moments sometimes.

Living down south (Charbonneau) has it's advantages . . . until someone mentions "Horsebrass". My kind of HAFH (Home Away From Home), I love that place. Sorry to be a commute wuss (far too fragile for a Mult. Co. lockup), but if you're ever in the neighborhood . . .

Have a good one. Thanks for the initiative, WS.

[ 05-02-2002, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Pepper Boy ]

I'm in on this as long as it's an E side establishment. I've been reading some of your threads and trash for some time now, so it will be interesting to meet some of you.

Will man, you initiated the idea so take the pointy end of the rope and pick a place. Others will follow.

[big Drink]

Pete