Value: Light Sleeping Bag

max

I recently purchased a LaFuma Warm 'n Light 800. This is a great bag at an even better price. Previously I'd looked at a "light is right" type bag for biking and rock climbing, but I just couldn't justify the price and honestly, the bargin shopping. But an upcoming bike trip to the SW piqued my interest just enough...

168sleepingbag_001-med.jpg

I like how LaFuma "rates" their bags. Using this bag as an example, they say +40 is comfortable, +35 is reasonable, +30 is cold. Ok, bag ratings are as subjective as climb ratings (maybe even more so!), but judging by the loft of the bag (800 fill down) and a few other "warm" features, these seem right for what I'd want in that temp range. The bag weights 1 lb. 13 oz. (+/- a few oz), has a light nylon shell (no w/b shit here. It's light!), head/neck elastic draw cord, medium gauge two way zipper w/ pull cord, small velcro zipper flap with nice "get the fuck out of my way" flap holder, "stash" pocket at the top of the zipper, and the thing packs small!

168sleepingbag_0021-med.jpg

Best thing of all is the price! I bought this at Neptunes in Boulder, so you know I didn't get any deal. No sale. Price: $125. I bet MEC's got something comperable and bargin shopping... yech.

I've never owned any lafuma stuff, but I've seen other examples of their products and prices and it seems they make a pretty reasonably price, mid quality/features/design range. I like to seem this.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic