Anybody else thinking about moab?

max

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How has the snow been up at Stevens recently?

I just got back from Utah, skiied Alta and Solitude. That snow was great rockband.gif Now I am planning on hitting Stevens this weekend, and I am hoping that it is decent, but I know coming from Utah it is going to feel like concrete...

Dood you missed Amasaback and the Portal trails. Those trails are my second and third favorite trails after Poison Spider. At some point I have to go later in the spring or early summer and do shuttle from the La Sal to Poison Spider. It comes out to be about 30+ miles of mainly downhill riding. The trail out of the La Sal's has all kinds of dirt jumps and kickers. I saw pictures and the ride looks epic.

Don't forget getting water at Matrimony Springs for your ride. Has anyone else been to Cable Arch? Last time I was there we camped in Moonflower canyon and some local got drunk and set fire to the entrance to the canyon by shooting off fireworks at about 2 in the morning. It jumped up to the rim and luckily went out before spreading too far(it was late May, and everything was super dry). The sheriff showed up, and you could smell the alchohol on his breath a mile away. That place might not be special for some people, but I have had some good times there. Thanks for the pics. fruit.gif