Denali

ajosephfd

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather walk naked through death valley in the middle of summer. I remember heading down the Kahiltna around June 9th and it was so damn hot, crevasses were opened up, and the snow was mush. But, hey have a great time!

[This message has been edited by dane (edited 03-12-2001).]

this website makes me laugh sometimes. here is a person looking for a climbing partner for a trip to alaska. did he ask anyone about thier trip? no. it's as if people read this post and decide- hey, this is a great opportunity for me to let the world know about MY denali trip, and what an experienced mountaineer i am. this might be this guys fifteenth trip to denali, and here come all the experts, dispensing advice that the person who posted the question about a partner never even asked for. way to stroke your ego's fellas. you're soooo cool.

McCallister is right, sort of. Sometimes I can't help but to add my $.02 even if it's not helpful. It's not the norm for me. I did not see that anyone was really bragging about how great a mountaineer they are. Well, what do I know. I only went there once. I am just a punk ice climber now.

Then there is the theory that you shouldn't take anything from a "Chat Room" too seriously - especially from folks who's idea of a good time is rock climbing durring an earthquake.

A climb on Denali sounds fab to me, but have some other comittments.

hey erik, actually BRO, i don't live in maryland. baltimore is my first name. i guess what i'm getting at is the amount of feedback i witness in response to postings on this site that have nothing to do with the posting itself. i probably should have left that last comment out. speaking of east coast attitude however, if you go to neice.com i think you will find far less people refering to other peoples opinions as "bullshit". just straight up route info. sometimes i feel like i'm in a quilting circle on this site. i'm not saying i don't like the site, on the contrary actually. but you have to admit, sometimes on the cover page the 5 most recent postings barely have to do with climbing. sorry for anyone offended. p.s. i live in washington and was shocked at the use of profanity. you know, seeing as how us west coasters are incabable of copping attitude and are so open minded and nice all the time