Hallelujah Chorus

Cairns

The most significant event of the last 22 months is the re-opening of the West Vancouver Aquatic Centre. It took 22 months to renovate the old West Vancouver Aquatic Centre. 22 months wasn’t long enough to make any improvement to the pool people actually swim in, but we do now have a FRIKKIN HUGE ORANGE WATER SLIDE (see attachment).

My favorite part of the WVAC, and the favorite part for many, was the sauna. It was a quiet relaxing place to overhear all sorts of interesting things about the local community, especially those things related by JBF the former Yakuza whose information helped bring down a Japanese government and whose plastic surgery and special chlorine treatments at a Powell River pulp mill made it possible for him to pass for a Westerner in dim light.

In the new WVAC the sauna sits next to the kiddie pool with the FRIKKIN HUGE ORANGE WATER SLIDE. For some reason the sign on the door of the sauna saying that you must be over 13 to use it does not prevent kids from entering. This would be fine with me because nobody reads signs and the kids never talk about real estate, but the sauna no longer has a double door entrance like it used to, and one of the main things about a sauna is that it should be warm and it is hard for a sauna to be warm when the single door is opened every 3 seconds by some kid going in or out or just checking to see if their friends came in, or some lifeguard coming in to ask, "Are you over 13?" And having lengthy discussions about being over or under 13, which the lifeguard never wins.

Even if we push the kids out and lock the door behind them we hear the shrieks from the pool as they hit each other with styrofoam or playfully toss their friends off the stairs leading up to the FRIKKIN HUGE ORANGE WATER SLIDE.

I am certainly not going to invest in a long-term pass until I wait and see if they have to close the operation after some kid gets stepped or sat on in the crush of the locker room.

Anyone from Seattle passing through to Squamish should check this place out. Sliding down the FHOWS will make you laugh out loud, guaranteed. For me it was one of the more pleasant 7 seconds of the past 22 months. Remember to cover you nose before you hit the bottom.

305069-WVAC.jpg.c2beeb6c920709d4f32af3ea60d6697e.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images