Clark

Cpt.Caveman

Presidents who served in wars:

George Washington - Commander in Chief of Continental Army during the American Revolution.

James Monroe - served in American Revolution

Andrew Jackson - American Revolution, War of 1812, First Seminole War

William Henry Harrison - Indian wars in the NW territory, War of 1812

John Tyler - War of 1812

Zachary Taylor - War of 1812, Black Hawk, Second Seminole, and Mexican wars

Franklin Pierce - Mexican War

James Buchanan - War of 1812

Abraham Lincoln - Black Hawk War

Andrew Johnson - Civil War

Ulysses Grant - Mexican War, Civil War

Rutherford Hayes - Civil War

James Garfield - Civil War

Chester Arthur - Civil War

Benjamin Harrison - Civil War

William McKinley - Civil War

Theodore Roosevelt - Spanish-American War

Harry Truman - WWI

Dwight Eisenhower - WWII General

John Kennedy - WWII

Lyndon Johnson - WWII

Richard Nixon - WWII

Gerald Ford - WWII

Ronald Reagan - WWII

Gorge Bush - WWII

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reagan? My memory, which could be incorrect, was that he did not serve and I'm fairly certain that he did not serve in combat.

Also, keep in mind, there is a huge difference between JFK and Bush Sr.'s experiences as young Lt.s and the experinece of Clark or Eisenhower, or Grant, or Washington. Not saying the little guys don't count, but there is a big difference.

i have to argue that clinton was a good presedent he just wasn't the best family role model. but is bushII? i think not just look at his girls. by the way durning the clinton admin, are economy was the best it has ever been and he left a surplus of goverment money.

So, you're saying that Bush can't be a good family role model (since when was that part of the job description) because his daughters are typical teenagers/college students? Sounds weak to me. Our economy was the best ever under Clinton? Compared to what? Compared to the '80's, the "Decade of Greed"? A surplus of money? That's a shell game, dude.

Roark

About the Bush girls....most say that my parents did a great job with thier seven kids....and yet we got into WAY more trouble than the Bush girls.

Come on, so what if they got busted for drinking some beer while underaged... blush.gif...Jesus Christ. If that's the only trouble they've been in that's nothing. wazzup.gif Are you one of those right wing christain southern baptist types that think the wine Jesus made was actually grape juice? hahaha.gif

Al Gore's son just got sentenced for drug problems...does that mean he is a bad parent? wazzup.gif

I think you should look more at how they handle the problems (the parents) than the actual problems.

wave.gif

Edited by Rodchester