Meth Labs around Mt. Si

jon

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meth labs rarely ignite anymore since most meth cooks stoped using ether years ago. Meth labs are not nearly as dangerous as the media and cops would have you believe.

The labs and the chemicals themselves may not be so dangerous for a properly trained person, but the hoodlums lurking in the bushes watching to see what you're doing with their precious precious still can be...

I'll have to say that working with Alasdair cleaning up a meth lab or two gave me a whole new appreciation for 'practical chemistry'.

I encountered a strange place east of the old trail, July 2002: "30 minutes later, I got back on the trail which dropped to a road. The road then climbed to a scary "Meth lab" looking house. I heard someone crashing around near the house, so I bushwhacked to the road higher up rather than walk across the yard, not wishing to disturb someone(thing?). "

the whole property across the street from the old little si parking area is owned by some folks with colorful backgrounds (to say the least) and that at any one time there are meth labs operating in every major county in Washington State. No major meth ops exist in the North Bend city limits. The people that own property on Mt Si are legal property owners. Not meth dealers. I spent countless days last year riding with King County. Get a grip city fucks.

the whole property across the street from the old little si parking area is owned by some folks with colorful backgrounds (to say the least) and that at any one time there are meth labs operating in every major county in Washington State. No major meth ops exist in the North Bend city limits. The people that own property on Mt Si are legal property owners. Not meth dealers. I spent countless days last year riding with King County. Get a grip city fucks.

ANd you know no meth labs exist in particularly places how? I highly doubt you know everything that is going on in north bend or it's environs.

Anyway, more to the point, I wouldn't go crashing through anybody's yard out there, meth dealer or not.

Spending 50 or 60 days a year foot patrolling the area and about 120 days a year climbing, hiking, mountain biking, in this district has left me with the impression that the majority of the shady creatures are in the middle fork and several off the Garcia road near Mcllelans Butte. I have spent days traversing this area (armed) searching for things of this nature.

The property values in the Mt Si area are high to extreme and with CEO's of Boeing and various celebs quietly hanging around the amount of tolerance for this sort of criminal activity is small. There has been one confirmed meth lab of relative importance in that immediate area and it is accepted that there are operations throughout most of the counties of Washington State. Another meth site was the famous "red house" off the Denny Creek Road. Now abandoned and supposedly up for rent.

I encountered a strange place east of the old trail, July 2002: "30 minutes later, I got back on the trail which dropped to a road. The road then climbed to a scary "Meth lab" looking house. I heard someone crashing around near the house, so I bushwhacked to the road higher up rather than walk across the yard, not wishing to disturb someone(thing?). "

To quote the X-Files - "Can't keep a Peacock down."

RE: drug labs, farms etc - armed owners, bobby traps and others, etc....

There is a history, at least in Oregon, of innocent people stumbling across labs, pot farms etc with tragic results. Rather rare occurance, but one should keep this in mind. Cop friends estimate there may be one such lab/farm in roughly a sq mile in Seattle & environs..., perhaps?

Near my neighborhood, a 'respectable' person had a potfarm for some time in his basement, and was stealing power from the local utility via UG tap. It was 'raided' first by another - a heavily armed grower/drug dealer who apparently felt this represented encroachment on his 'turf', putting his family in grave danger. Was eventually shut down latter, by law enforcement and the 'respectable' person was convicted. No-one was physically hurt, a very fortunate ending to this....

Yeah but that rates a zero in factual information in regards to "Mt Si" there are dozens of neighborhoods on all aspects of this mountain.

A neighborhood on the NW side is FAR away from one on the eastern portions.

Your example applies to any situation in NA possbily. The original note is a hot item full of nothing until backed up by some facts that are recent. Name ONE for instance for others to be concerned about. I am mostly talking about making a stink out of something that is not backed up by truth.

Spending 50 or 60 days a year foot patrolling the area and about 120 days a year climbing, hiking, mountain biking, in this district has left me with the impression that the majority of the shady creatures are in the middle fork and several off the Garcia road near Mcllelans Butte. I have spent days traversing this area (armed) searching for things of this nature.

Uhhh, say what...uhhhh.... what was that, say again, over?

What's up your ass Caveman? Sorry you don't like Clark rolleyes.gif

Up the DNR gated road about 1.5+ miles past the regular Mt. Si parking lot.

Road is closed with heavy DNR gate at bottom of hill, by the main road. The

cabin is on an abandoned logging spur above main road, about 3-3,500',

somewhat under Mt. Terriniff, on the East side of the forested hill (faces

Mailbox-cabin is on W side/uphill side of spur). Built into the trees. Old

spur road, with alder that's grown up, encroaching on the road. Looks like

the cabin had been recently approached by a 4WD vehicle with large-wide

tires, and someone walked up the road with snowshoes, near the cabin. Cabin

entry way had been partially cleared of snow prior to last snowfall. Size:

Was about 12x12 or a bit larger, made out of plywood and heavy boards, with

concrete footings. No windows, but had a boarded up "deck" (about 8 feet

up) with second hidden entrance (looked like someone had chopped their way

into that area deck area, but didn't get into the main cabin). Several blue

40-55 gallon barrels on the uphill side of the cabin, with styrofoam laying

around on the ground. Area right near cabin main door smelled of diesel.

Large smoke-stack originating out of N side of cabin was very large in

diameter (6-8"+), and came out of building with a straight pipe for about 4

feet, then elbowed straight up for 10-12 feet (well above height of cabin).

One 4" pipe opening noted in cabin wall, high in one corner.

You won't see the cabin until you're THERE.

Looks like it could either be a hunter's cabin, or maybe a meth lab?

Sighting made by snowshoers out for exercise.