[TR] Davis Peak, Salmon la Sac- Summer Trail 2/31/

Dave_Schuldt

Climb: Davis Peak, Salmon la Sac-Summer Trail

Date of Climb: 2/31/2004

Trip Report:

Jeff Hansel, pms, JoshK and I went up there yesterday. I had hiked it twice and thought it wouuld make a good ski. It was better than I expected. Most of the way up and down is on a forested ridge with glades. Good lookiinng runs up high where the old fire lookkout was.

Only bummer is a bit of brush down low, the snowmo road and parking area. Snow park permiit required. $20 a year or day passes can be purchased online. May want to bring gas mask, the snomo fumes gave Josh a headache.

Edited by Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be a butthead, but mebbe you should correct the date for posterity. I've never known February to contain more than 29 days.

Never mind the fact that, unless you're travelling between space-time continuums, your stated date hasn't even arrived yet (in this space-time continuum, at least). yellaf.gif

So how much skiing on the flat with the bilers did you need to do? Talking with a Cle Ellum ranger, it sounded like the last snow park before the road is unplowed and they say is illegal to drive past is between 1 and 2 miles of where the climb would start. The ranger made it sound like the sno park is south of where it says "Salmon La Sac FS Station" on the topo, and it looks like you'd have to ski on the flat from there around China Point before you can get onto the climb. Is the reality better than that?