I guess I was wrong...

chelle

Where does all this extra sensory shit come from? People really thing that we'll evolve telepathy. What a lot of rubbish. There is no evidence whatsoever in the animal world for telepathy. Animals can detect things like magnetic fields and vibrations we can't, but that is about it. Human kind might get smarter, but we won't be reading minds.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the premise is, that aliens could travel millions of light years across the universe successfully only to crash land on earth?

Or that aliens would travel all those light years only to stick an anal probe up some hillybilly's ass?

I'll vote for the anal probing. Don't you think it would be fun to travel light years to fuck with other creatures? What do you think we do over there in Area 51? I bet that there is at least one anal probe in that facility!

Which means they need at least one engineer to manage the probe department. Perhaps a new "job opening" for you? smileysex5.gif

Thinker said: My secret hope is that the evolutionary theory of punctuated equilibrium is true and takes a small isolated group of humans to 'the next level'. Those super humans will be smarter than us, much more capable physically, and will likely have additional sensory perceptions.

Scott said: Plaigerizing from Mein Kampf again?

Not necessarily. I think there have been countless people who have theorized how an advanced race might form, using a wide array of driving forces.

But, since I've not read MK, I can't comment to that. My hunch is that Hitler was relying more on selective breeding than an evolutionary jump. Please feel free to educate me on Hitler's preferred method, though.

So why hasn't anyone offered the obvious possibility of us being planted here by beings from another planet? I saw a UFO once. Totally serious. My whole neighborhood was out on the street watching it for twenty minutes or so. It was about 1963 in Missoula. There was no doubt in anyone's minds about what we had just seen. It went away and never came back as far as we know. I would have a very hard time beleiving this if I had not been there. So, if there are intelligent life forms travelling the gallexy, how does that effect our cosmology? Our science?
yelrotflmao.gifrolleyes.gifyelrotflmao.gifrolleyes.gifyelrotflmao.gifrolleyes.gifyelrotflmao.gifrolleyes.gif

Not necessarily. I think there have been countless people who have theorized how an advanced race might form, using a wide array of driving forces.

But, since I've not read MK, I can't comment to that. My hunch is that Hitler was relying more on selective breeding than an evolutionary jump. Please feel free to educate me on Hitler's preferred method, though.

I think that evolution of humans from this point forward will not be due to natural selection, but through recombinant DNA methods.

First we will learn how to detect and remove the gene mutations that cause hereditary diseases. People will no longer get Cystic Fibrosis, Huntington's disease or Tay Sachs.

In the next phase, genes will be identified that PREDISPOSE us to common diseases of aging, for example heart disease. There is a protein in long lived people that prevents atherosclerosis by making more high density lipoprotein (good cholesterol). It may be that this is done through DNA transfers to an isolated egg cell or to sperm cells, or it may be done through cloning with modification. Another strategy might involve adding promotors that improve the expression of existing genes. Possibly multiple copies of genes might be made.

Another prospect might be borrowing genes from other species. It might be possible to transfer the gene for Vitamin C synthesis so we no longer need a supplement.

We might transfer the gene for telomerase so that our cells will take longer to reach senescense and we might live to 200 years of age.

The final phase, which is very far off, will involve creating entirely new genes.

CBS, there are a number of known evolutionary mechanisms, such as the Founder Effect, Natural Selection, neutral drift, sexual selection, and others.

I'm not limiting my hopes to Natural Selection.

I have no doubt that the approach you describe will have some amazing results...I'm just hoping for a major jump at some point in time. It may be statistically unlikely in my lifetime, but so are many other things I continue to hope for....like myself climbing 5.14 after age 40

after they learn to use retroviruses to retroactively insert animal genes in human genome, i'm going to get electric eel genes so i can run electronic equipment without a bettery; splice in some mtn goat genes and monkey genes for climbing ability; owl genes for night vision; dolphin sonar; cheetah and pronghorn fast-twitch muscles for sprinting up routes; maybe some sheep genes so i can grow my own fleece hahaha.gif

after they learn to use retroviruses to retroactively insert animal genes in human genome, i'm going to get electric eel genes so i can run electronic equipment without a bettery; splice in some mtn goat genes and monkey genes for climbing ability; owl genes for night vision; dolphin sonar; cheetah and pronghorn fast-twitch muscles for sprinting up routes; maybe some sheep genes so i can grow my own fleece hahaha.gif
Do us a favor and send us a snapshot of what you look like after you have finished.

i'd probably look just like thinker's old avatar image.

but if you can increase performance efficiency that much who cares what ya'd look like.

The chicas might care. the_finger.gif

Especially if you get a giant squid gene, too.... smileysex5.gifhahaha.gif

a meter long muscular penis that breaks off after sex shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

i hope none of you work on Sunday cause it would suck to be put to death

"Six days my work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death." -Ex.31:13-15

i hope none of you work on Sunday cause it would suck to be put to death

"Six days my work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death." -Ex.31:13-15

Check out Jesus' sayings on the sabbath. Again. It would help if you knew the theories you were trying to discredit. try Matthew chapter 12. Oh and you forgot the verse that is right after the one you quoted. It implies that being cut-off from one's people means death. Also, the commign of Jesus represents a shift in the mentality of the dogma of the Old Testament where Jesus is to free Christians from their sins and many old testament transgressions by taking them upon himself. Also note that Jesus ate with tax collectors. This implies that he ate unclean food or non- kosher if you will. See Luke 5:29 Where Jesus ate with Levi, a un-clean man. He goes on to say that the "healthy do not need a doctor, but the sick" implying that God's kingdom was now open not only to the Jews, but all who were willing to accept him.

Scott, none of your points refutes Dru's quote. rolleyes.gif

They do if you understand them Paul. You see, Jesus ushered in a new 'kingdom' on earth. Before, salvation was open only to the Jews through living a pure life by eating kosher, observing the sabbath (extremely ridgidly) and adherance to the other aspects of Judaism. The comming of Christ opened up the "kingdom" up to all who were willing. As Christ said "He who has ears let him hear. Look at the parable of the good samaritan to learn more. This story is more than a story about helping a neighbor, but instructs the Jews that the letter of the law is not as important than the inherent meaning. It was better to be unclean by helping a gentile than to let him suffer and possibly die but observing his Jewish duty by walking on the other side of the street. Another example of this is the woman who touched Jesus. She had perpetual menstruation and these women were not to leave their homes for fear they would make men unclean. This woman touched Jesus and all were amazed as this Jewish man was now unclean. Did Jesus berrate her for her taboo action? No, he commended her on her faith. This demonstrates the ushering to earth of God's kingdom so it can reside in his people's hearts rather than in a temple accesible by a chosen few.

Scott, somehow I missed your reply to this posting of mine earlier.

Do you concur that living a life filled with Christian qualities is more important than debating points about doctrine?

I'd love to hear how YOU decide what qualities to focus on in your Christian life.

Most people take their direction from their local religious leaders who tell them to tithe, come together for fellowship, put money in the collection plate, love their neighbors, love Jesus, have faith, allow monthly electronic funds transfers from their checking accounts, and go to war with peace of mind when it's their time.

Since you stated earlier that you stand alone and worship as the 1st Century Christians did, I'd love to hear how you prioritize your Christian duties, and what you base that on.

With all due respect,

Thinker