Larry the Tool Sucks

specialed

I never met the guy, so I'll just play Devil's Advocate for a minute...I don't condone lameness in anyway shape or form,

But...

Come on, give up the "poor-me" attitude guys/girls! I mean really, like life is so bad 'cause some dorky "Suit" jaded your otherwise perfect day of recreation. Whatever, brothers are gettin shot in the hood, or on the freeway for less than a parking pass.

I am all about voicing an opinion to the man, and I believe in checks and balances in the system, but I am just having a hard time feeling sorry for you guys. Yeah, it sounds like one of those cops that everyone loves to hate. But when put into the context of the grand scheme of todays society, your complaint is laughable, both in this counrty, and especialy in countries/cultures much less privilaged than us. The vision of the monk pouring gasoline all over himself comes to mind.

This point could be argued either way for days, if it had happened to me I'd be mumbeling "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" under my breath.

Good luck with the strugle.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever Dipshit. The whole fee Demo thing is asanine. When your just sitting in your van in a parking lot without a permit and you get a $50 ticket its even more assinine. When your hanging out at a trailhead waiting for a ride and Larry cocksmoker accuses you of looking suspiscious and breaking into cars you have a legitimate reason to be pissed. Just because there's tanks in Palestine doesn't mean we shouln't ignore being hassled by a nazi forest ranger who's way out of line.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

Whatever, brothers are gettin shot in the hood, or on the freeway for less than a parking pass.

what ever dude, air jordans are a $150 a pop. teice that if you get a pain the first four series......you thug logic is off base whitey!!!

[Razz]

Acctually I was refering to the African Americans that were shot in Seattle and New Yourk etc. within the last year or so...

Fuck me for having an opinion, asshole...

Sounds like you guys are all ganging up on a cop because you dont agree with the law. Cops are all the same man, they get paid to be hardasses, it's not the individual that you are really angry with, stop kidding yourself.

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

Whatever, brothers are gettin shot in the hood, or on the freeway for less than a parking pass.

what ever dude, air jordans are a $150 a pop. teice that if you get a pain the first four series......you thug logic is off base whitey!!!

[Razz]
I'm not sure i am understanding you...but, maybe I should have been more clear.

I meant, bro's are getting shot by cops...

It took me about 10 minutes to write a letter to Maria Cantwell expressing my views on the FD program. It took longer than that just to read the 50 posts in this thread. Which was the better use of my time?

Also, Lambone wasn't expressing support of the Fee Demo program in any way, shape or form. He was simply putting 'Larry' into context. Kudos. However, if you are angry about Fee Demo, you should probably put your efforts into doing something about it, not thrashing on L-bone.

lambone,

i agree with you that this whole gig is minor-league compared to the bigger problems of the world -- but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.

your contention that we're pissed just cause this guy was just doing his job is way wrong.

there are two problems here:

1) the trail park permit system

2) the way this particular ranger is going about enforcing the trail park permit system.

you weren't there on sunday so i will tell you that larry's behavior in trying to accomplish 2) WAS way out of line. everyone in the lot was interrogated as if they were criminals, including those who just pulled in for a few minutes -- as in before they even had a chance to go over to the bulletin board to see what the regs were.

i had my ID taken and presumably had a check run on me because i chose to sit in a parking lot for 2 hrs and wait for a friend who's van i was getting a ride home in. when i was interrogated i told nothing but the truth but i was accused repeatedly of lying and of probably being a car theif. this behavior is not necessary for enforcement of the trail park permit system.

[ 05-03-2002, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: sayjay ]

Lambone:

Specialed is right-on here. You say that "...in the grand scheme of things in society, your complaint is laughable..." What is more grand than freedom? That is what this is all about - government attempting to restricting access (via a use tax) to a "National Forest" which is supposed to belong to everyone.

Cops are not paid to be hardasses, as you say; they are paid to enforce laws, not intimidate and threaten people. Why should Specialed, mattp, or any of us be made to feel that we are doing something wrong on public property just because we are being social? That is complete bullshit.

Your whole train of thought is full of holes.

Greg

quote:

Originally posted by glen:

It took me about 10 minutes to write a letter to Maria Cantwell expressing my views on the FD program. It took longer than that just to read the 50 posts in this thread. Which was the better use of my time?

Also, Lambone wasn't expressing support of the Fee Demo program in any way, shape or form. He was simply putting 'Larry' into context. Kudos. However, if you are angry about Fee Demo, you should probably put your efforts into doing something about it, not thrashing on L-bone.

erik

Rope Gun

Member # 161

posted 05-01-2002 11:10 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO I SPENT A PORTION OF THIS AM, writing my members of congress. i outlined two concerns in my letters. the fee demo and larry's actions. i figure if the rangers aint gonna do something about it then maybe we could get our congress people to take some action. and out a stop to both sicking issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 1717 | From: the capital of canada: TACOMA,WA | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged

ALREADY DID BRO!!

i got time to spray and stand up for my rights as an american citizen!!!

all sympathizers will be fee demo'd themselves....har har har

Thanks bro, I guess I should define DEVIL'S ADVOCATE in bold before making such a statement eh...?

After reading this thread I just thought it was funny how everyone jumped on the FUCK LARRY bandwagon...but I think mattp has a right to be upset, and he did the right thing by writting the letter to the supervisor. However, my 10 year old cousin could have made a stronger argument in writting. The letter posted on the first page of this thread reads as imature and unfounded. If I was Larry's boss I'd be laughing and filling it in the circular file. Nothing personal mattp, once again, good luck.

quote:

If I was Larry's boss I'd be laughing and filling it in the circular file.

That's right, I just wiped my ass with that whiney piece of trash 15 minutes ago. The boss just showed it to me and we just about died laughing. I thought this asshole's gotta be kidding! You naive liberal pukes make me want to hurl. See you boys at the parking lot. [laf]

quote:

After reading this thread I just thought it was funny how everyone jumped on the FUCK LARRY bandwagon...but I think mattp has a right to be upset, and he did the right thing by writting the letter to the supervisor. However, my 10 year old cousin could have made a stronger argument in writting. The letter posted on the first page of this thread reads as imature and unfounded. If I was Larry's boss I'd be laughing and filling it in the circular file. Nothing personal mattp, once again, good luck.

Lammy,

Once again you have made me very happy that you are not running anything more important to me than a climbing gym. For VW's sake, I hope they don't give you much decision-making authority either.

Whatever happened to those survey results you promised us?

Forum Topics Posts Last Post

The Climber's Wall Recent Visitors: 102

iceguy, JRCO, dberdinka, chris_w, Nick Davies, willstrickland, Ced, glen, b-rock, Pepper Boy, fredrogers, Greg W, James, Hayduke, Larry the Tool, primate, Terminal Gravity, Paul K, mattp, TimL, sayjay, gapertimmy, Cpt.Caveman, Alpinfox, Rodchester, erik, iain, Peter Puget, chriss, chucK, CAMAZONIA, Dan Harris, Lambone, ScottP, RuMR, Marcus Engley, jon, faust, and 64 guest(s)

look above larry the tool is right next to hayduke!!! kick his ass hayduke....

ironic isnt it?!?!?!?

Lambone, I'm crushed that you didn't like my letter. Maybe you think we should all get together and put the clamps on the Seattle and Tacoma police, but I don't think that civil rights is really the focus of this bulletin board (this is cascadeclimbers.com, not civilrights.com)and that particular ranger is targetting climbers for harassment. You are correct that those who oppose fee demo have in some cases taken a dislike to "the man" before he even has a chance to be a jerk, but here i believe it is the other way around: it appears that Officer Inthout has an "issue" with climbers and he likes to intimidate people and uses the fee demo as an excuse to do so.

quote:

Originally posted by Hayduke:

[Roll Eyes]

I think it's time for a little monkey wrenchin'.

Try a couple bars of soap in a sock or hand towel; no sharp edges and really packs a wallop (see "Full Metal Jacket" for application tips)

[Wink]

Greg