My new photography site

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agggrrr! I wrote a lengthy reply and the site served up an sql error so I lost it before I finished. Basically I said:

The climbing pics need captions.

change the font on the category bars or get rid of the ampersand (use "and" instead). font is cool, but the ampersand kills it.

Intro/background pic for color scenics section is very nice, but might benefit from some unsharp mask in PS (try around 100-150%, 1-1.5 pixel, 1 threshhold).

Too many sunsets, cut down to very best. Half Dome is trite, been done to death.

The Flash is cool. Make the "more pics" button in the thumbnail bar more prominent. Make it disappear or become inactive if there are no further sets of thumbs (i.e. the second page of thumbs on color scenics the button lights on rollover implying there is more, when there are not more).

There seems to be no way to nav back to the previous set of thumbs. I.e. on 2nd set of color scenic thumbs, don't see a way to go back to first set from there.

I had comments on several images, but maybe another time, don't have the time to re-type them.

Nice pics, slick presentation.

Thanks for the feedback,

In response to:

"The climbing pics need captions..."

I'm working on putting captions on all images, this is just a start.

"The ampersand..."

I see what you mean!

"Too many sunsets..."

Hey, half of those are sunRISES... hehe

"Make the "more pics" button in the thumbnail bar more prominent..."

Yeah, I'll see if it can't get a little bigger.

"no way to nav back to the previous set of thumbs..."

As of right now you have to either refresh or re-click the nav buttons. Working on that one too.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Kris

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Kris,

That is a very impressive website. Even though Flash is bad IMO, it is good when it comes to not letting people steal your images.

Rodchester, stay the hell away from my website, I don't even want to hear your criticism grin.gif

Hey Kris, if you ever want a copy of that ABS video where you are the star, let me know, or just DL it from my website.

Keep up the good work!

Did you actually hire someone to do that website or are they a friend that needed to enchance their portfolio?