Snowshoephobia

Bronco

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once your friend tries the appoach (and deproach) to Colchuck Lake on skis he may see the value in snow shoes.

Hehe....good point. Then again, in decent conditions the ski down from colchuck to mountaineer creek can be very fun tree skiing. the trail out is generally worthless however.

Once your friend tries the appoach (and deproach) to Colchuck Lake on skis he may see the value in snow shoes.

Hehe....good point. Then again, in decent conditions the ski down from colchuck to mountaineer creek can be very fun tree skiing. the trail out is generally worthless however.

Yeah I think that it would be a great run down. Only disadvantage to snowshoes to AT, (well in my case a Split) is that they are heavier to carry while climbing, but I have managed on easier routes though.

I prefer to plod new tracks with skis.

Snowshoes are many times the way to go too.

Evaluate argue and go out.

I have no clue to the snow conditions near Colchuck this weekend but would prefer skis there on a guess. But the way down does suck ass in skis IMHO each time I have encountered it in such gear. I guess that depends on some situations but not usually.

It's pretty wooded for the most part. It's after the lake where the skis could be best...