Don't you just hate complainers?

chucK

You know the type. You're out on a climb and your partner has a headache. He lets you know. "Oh that's too bad. I got some ibuprofen in my pack. You want some?" Maybe he takes some maybe he doesn't. Then a little while later, you hear about the headache again. Then a little later. Then a little later again.

Does this happen to you? Or is it just something about me that resembles a support group?

Listen peoples, we are all sympathetic to your plights (well sometimes, the best of us are). But can we just be informed once? Or maybe twice, just to keep us abreast of the situation should it require action?

I know it sounds cold-hearted, but the reality of the situation is, NOONE really "feels your pain". NOONE really cares about your headache unless it's going to make you turn around and ruin the climbing day for both of us.

It doesn't do anybody any good to continually nag. Let's just please make the decision to either go home now, or just suffer and shut up. hahaha.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another perspective: depending on the nature of the climb, I sometimes like to hear about my partner's physical condition. That headache could be the onslaught of altitude related problems, and it's good to monitor their status periodically. Same for diahrrea, fatigue, cramps, and anthing else.

Of course, if it's just a day toproping at X38 I wholeheartedly agree with you.

maybe you could expend some effort trying to define the difference between criticism and complaining cause it seems like if you think something is perfect any criticism will seem like whining whereas if you hate something you will feel more like any old whiner has some valid points and is a kindred soul.

Not to complain or anything but...

What I love is when partners complain about the SAME DAMN THING from trip to trip. Like there's some big mysterious "reason" why their skins still won't stick, or their boots still don't fit. Or why they absolutely, positively, hand-to-God HAD to be a half hour late on a powder day... AGAIN!!!

wave.gifthe_finger.gifwave.gif