MY car was stolen last night

Thinker

from right out in front of my house in Greenlake. No broken glass on the street where it was parked, just gone.

About a week ago someone got into it and pulled everything out of the glove box, but all they took was an old junk cell phone and a old pair of dancing shoes.

I wonder if the two incidents are related.

edit for photo:

501103_5_full.jpg

This isn't my beast, but it's is very close. knock off the left front wheel cover, peel a little paint off the hood where the emblem is, throw on a little dirt, and you've got mine.

Edited by Thinker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

86 Saab 2dr hatchback, red. missing left front wheel cover, a little peeling paint on the very front of the hood. WA plates start with 968-XXX.

I just finished up with the police report. The officer said mine was the 4th old Saab in the 'north seattle' area stolen recently, and that old Saabs have become frequent targets. Numerous Saabs stolen from Cap Hill area, too.

My hunch is that's because the ignition switch is on the console between the seats and does not lock the steering column...one less thing to hassle with when hot wiring it.

I just bought a new car and I got this thing called a LoJack. It's an FM transmitter unlike OnStar so they can find your car even if it is in a shipping container. Most insurance companies give you a 10% discount for having it, well except mine madgo_ron.gif

Sorry about the car Thinker.

Congratulations on your NEW CAR. Those of us driving beaters can't justify the expense of something like LoJack. A hidden kill switch, maybe...

After driving a car to over 300k and one to 250k, I decided I would by myself my first new car, so yeah I can justify the expense. It was $450 and the cops will find my car in 15 minutes of me calling them.

Minx said: yellaf.gifyellaf.gif shoot! i wondered where i left those!

I couldn't believe they fit me! After you snuck out in your bare feet that morning I noticed them in the corner of the room and tried them on...and Voila!...they fit. I've been wearing them ever since. If they're still in the car when it's recovered I promise to get them back to you.

A friend of mine had his Saab stolen from Phinney Ridge, last year I think. He found it one week later impounded. The person who stole it left in in a parking lot without paying the fee and the lot towed it. He had to pay the parking fee to get it back.

I have heard of a scam where they steal your car and take the seats, wheels, stereo, etc out of it then they leave the car where the cops will find it. Your insurance company calls it totalled and sells it for parts. The same people who stole your car buy it for $50, put back all the components, and then they have a legit car with all the right parts.

Good luck. I use a steering wheel lock that I bought for $20 at walmart. Keeps the theives away from my wheels.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif