new BD stuff

rollo

Anyone seen any of BD's new toys this year? Specifically their new Shadow pack and the new tents made with Epic fabric? The weight savings alone is tantalizing, not to mention the cost being quite a bit less than a bibler. I've only seen a couple reviews on the pack and tents, and my birthday's coming up.......Anyone know of a store that has BD's new gear yet?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the new BD tents in Feathered Friends the other day. Since they are basically the same as a Bibler tent with Epic instead of Todd-tex, does that imply that they are rated at 4-season tents? I know since they are epic they won't keep out really hard rain, but will they stand up to strong winds?

The way the new BD packs carry ice axes is pretty dope. For light alpine packs they look like very promising. They're a touch on the "accessorized" side for my taste, but whatever.

We set up the new tent in the shop the other day to play around with it...but half an hour later some dude came in and bought it.

My climbing partner bought the Firstlight tent for our trip to AK in April. not expecting much rain. Looking forward to trying it out. he says it packs pretty small. He says being able to see through he fabric makes him a little nervous.

We will only be climbing when the weather is perfect anyway so no worries:)

I'll let you guys know how we liked it if we get on route.

Jedi