etiquette question

iain

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the absence of correct clothing the following non-wearable substitutions may be made:

- folding/CrazyCreek chair

- labrador retriever (chocolate colour preferable, black acceptable, homemade climbing-rope leash attached but not held)

- portable Coleman catalytic heater

nah wirlwind, it just means you have to keep your mouth shut and avert your eyes as you pass the Dihedrals. On the other hand your van and hair give you complete license to lay a tarp in the middle of the parking lot to 'sort' your gear for 3 hours every morning

The tarp folk can often be seen loading up the gear in a metolius big wall bag. Yet mysteriously, the aid lines at smith remain empty for the day. I hope these multi-pitch linkups out of the dihedrals make it into the new smith guide, as I have yet to locate them.

Once my friend and I saw tarp folk pause during the gear sorting ritual to set up a tripod and spotting scope to investigate the marsupials, shouting loudly at times. My friend and I looked for the obligatory SAR/EMT/FR patches on shoulders, packs, etc. but surprisingly, none were found.

North Face will simply not do. No real true-blue Smithie worth their weight in mini haul bags would be seen dead in TNF anymore.

Patagonia will do, Dead Bird is within spec, and I believe any of the high-end softshells, but I'd need to check the style manual on the last one.

Anyone know what the latest word is on Cloudeveil? I know the stuff's on the technical end, but it costs more than the sun and they have a line of "lifestyle" clothing out now, so that might just qualify them.

my question after a weekend at smith: are you allowed to give beta in the dihedrals area if you are not wearing a north face down product? confused.gif

Only in the summer

This time of year, a portable propane heater is a fine substitute, and will insure your listeners fascination. thumbs_up.gif

Anyone know what the latest word is on Cloudeveil? I know the stuff's on the technical end, but it costs more than the sun and they have a line of "lifestyle" clothing out now, so that might just qualify them.

I don't think Cloudveil passes muster on the west coast. Head to the Intermountain west (CO!) and you'd be fine.