This weather & this weekend

Paco

Cold temps are good, new snow is bad...

So what are you folks doing? Staying inside this weekend or venturing out into the mountains? I'm gonna make the call tonight, but the recent forcast is calling for 13-23 inches of new snow from now thru Saturday so it doesn't look too good.

Weather

Maybe I should get sick early next week.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get sick...but make sure you don't epic or get your mug on TV. A friend of mine called in "sick" to go on a trip many years ago. It ended up snowing about 8 inches that July in the Sierra and the guy was dumb enough to allow himself to be interviewed by the local news team at the trailhead. yellaf.gif When the boss saw the coverage... madgo_ron.gif

This weekend, I'm going to see the Simpson movie, visit a friend, study, and climb in the gym. I love nursing school, but it is seriously cutting into my play time. cry.gif Have fun out there everybody. I'm living vicariously through you for the next few months.

wave.gif

Yeah look likes a good one, go out and maybe get on some ice, but really looking forward to playing in the snow on Sunday on my board.

BTW this thread rocks, good vibe, everybody seem like they are making the most of it and having a good time. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifhahaha.giffruit.gifhahaha.gif to you all....

A BTW BTW Fern if you don't get anyone for that ice route this weekend let's get on it next.

Maybe a ski tour on Sunday...was thinking wenatchee mountains...maybe earl and navaho...possibly good pics of stuart with lotsa new snow.

Do you think the road is clear of snow far enough in? I have skied Earl a few times in the spring when the road is mostly melted out. Good tours back there.

Dave, they plow too 29 pines which gets you a decent ways in there from what I can tell. It's about 2 miles from that point to the standup creek drainage which looks like a good place to start. I've never done it but I figured it looked like a promising area for the winter with minimal extra effort. thumbs_up.gif

The only downside would be having to listen too the snowmobile tools for a while on the road. thumbs_down.gif

When your down by the creek it's realy hard to figure out where to head up. Try to falow where the trail goes, it's safe. If you thihk things are stable you can rip the half pipe guly on the way down. Don't take the ridge on the west side of the creek, it has a bunch of bumps. It's a great ski, let us know how it goes. Also heard that Been Creek has some good stuff. I have looked at it in the summer and it looks cool.