where do you get your news and info?

minx

there's a lot of discussion of current events in spray. most of you just post mindless drivel that i would expect from sprayers like myself. h/e a few of you post insightful remarks. i'm curious what news sources people around here rely on for their info.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like google news for a web source. You can get the local angle on stories, and it actually IS "fair and balanced". The BBC is also very good for a news source that actually cares about the rest of the world. I'm also a fan of NPR, though they need to counterbalance Daniel Shore's tirades about this and that. I also like to try to mess with cnn.com's polls. The Christian Science Monitor is another excellent source.

Objectivity is an illusion. All media and by extension, all news, is a tool for manufactured consent.

The other day I heard someone remark that we have a one party system consisting of two factions, Republican and Democrat.

"The business of America is business."--Calvin Coolidge

Objectivity is an illusion. All media and by extension, all news, is a tool for manufactured consent.

The other day I heard someone remark that we have a one party system consisting of two factions, Republican and Democrat.

"The business of America is business."--Calvin Coolidge

That is not too far from the truth, IMHO.

Seattle Times & PI & NYT.

A couple years ago I learned of FAIR - its a left leaning organization that does retrospective of recent news offerings. That is, its not a newspaper but a media-watchdog. Its particularly good at pointing out how big stories get on front pages and the same stories retractions are buried. Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting

A great show is Now with Bill Moyers, Friday nights on PBS. Now Again, he talks not just about news events, but the way news is formatted, edited and delivered.