[TR] Alpental- Eisfallen 1/21/2004

Alex

Climb: Alpental-Eisfallen

Date of Climb: 1/21/2004

Trip Report:

Hey, I went skiing up at Alpental and scoped out Stellar (aka Chairlift) Falls last night. Just wanted to let you know its in but thin. This weekend should fatten it up, and should be in good form on Monday.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I stated that I thought there was significant potential for us to get in conflict with the ski area when climbing at Chairlift Falls, and my suggestion that we should keep a low profile when climbing there was taken by some as criticism. However, in light of the recent "issue" over the alpental back country route (both the reason for and the eventual outcome of which are not entirely clear as far as I know), might a suggestion that folks "tread lightly" be advised? Do you have any suggestions about this? Is Monday a day that the ski area will be closed?

I think your "tread lightly" suggestion is a good one. As long as they continue to let us use their parking lots to access the backcountry. It's a long walk from the PCT Trailhead lot, but that would be a logical lot to plow for Commonealth access.