• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Chockstone

Ramblings

A few weeks back this website's cookie staching procedure stopped working right.

Go to post or check messages

When pages are changed it logs me out

Or it wont let me post new stuff in one area and will allow it on another.

thumbs_down.gif

Give my boss a call and I'm sure he'll get me right on it. cry.gif

I had some funky stuff going on too. Then I cleaned out the cookies on my computer and it solved the problem when I logged in the next time. So fix it yourself!!!! the_finger.gif

yes...

cleaning my cookies didn't help me either. I can't log in from the homepage...

welll, I sorta can...but not really... confused.giffuck it mushsmile.gif

Edited by Lambone

Snobody,

I deleted the cookies and recycled my browser with ever attempt. Snobody makes a good nickname for a typo error haha.

Tim, I was able to log in at all times.

The problem is that when I navigated between pages it seems there might have been something corrupt or wrong with my session. Meaning that I could post in some areas and navigate to others and "it seems as if I am logged out" in offending situations.

I think I can only see the problems at work if that helps.

I can't reproduce the issue at home yet but if I do I will ramble some more.

Thanks.

Edited by Cpt.Caveman

Also, is it just me or has the ability to edit a comment for a gallery picture been taken away? It used to be possible to edit what you wrote, but now no longer seems possible. Am I missing something? (I'm talking about the rating/comment one makes for someone else's photo, not the caption for one's own photo.)

I'll look into the photo gallery thing.

As far as the cookie problem, I've only experienced in on W2k running IE. In almost every instance shuting down all browser windows has fixed it, with a reboot fixing the other instances. Unfortunately this is a hard problem to diagnose.

I am still having weird behavior on my "work" computer, running Win98 (and I use that term "work" loosely, as you know if you've looked at my log-in history). Multiple windows of cc.com, and erratic performance have been a constant issue for three weeks or maore.

what IE or alternate browser are you running Matt? I run this sucker on different OS', different browsers and visiting the LOGOUT page always fixes my cookie problems (even for all my different avatars)

I get "the problem" from time to time with W98SE and Opera7.23, but the expire cookies link always seems to fix it. thumbs_up.gif

I've run expire cookies many times over, and I still have it. I'm running IE, but I can't verify the version as I am at home now, not work.

I experience no problems with Netscape 4.2 on Solaris 8. Maybe you should all switch yellaf.gif