Tanner Creek Ice

Doug_Hutchinson

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Props out to the guys that can figure out how to post images in their messages...

It's a little more cumbersome for those of us that don't have our own website to store our images online (i.e., with the URL address already associated with the image), but I have found that this works for me. I think Rob may be saying the same thing as me, but I find that it works for me to have your browser open in two windows, both set to cc.com, and then:

1. With Window 1 open to cc.com, go to My Gallery, and follow the prompts to upload your images from your PC's hard drive to the various forums in the gallery. Upload all of your images first. Leave Widow 1 open.

2. With Window 2 open to cc.com, and open to the forum in which you want to post the pics (Oregon Cascades, say), open a new post, give it a subject, blah blah blah.

3. Return to Window 1 (My Gallery), right click on a pic, and select "copy image location". You'll need to do this one image at a time.

4. Return to Window 2, left click "image" from the Instant UBB Code menu, and follow the prompts to paste that URL to your post in Window 2.

5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until all of the desired image URLs have been pasted to your post in Window 2.

6. Add any explanatory text you might want to the post in Window 2, outside of the URL address closure brackets (you know, those thingies that say blah blah blah), and send the post.

7. Sit back, crack a brew, and revel in the marvel of technology.

(I am so dumb that both me and my partner couldn't figure out how to post pics - but he is dumber than I since he can't even post with his old username so had to post under my name and I had no idea this shit was up).

showphoto.php?photo=3109&password=&sort=1&cat=503&page=1

This was a cool climb about 10 minutes up from the Tanner Creek TH (at the Bonneville exit I think). It starts with a full 150' of WI II/III then a scary mixed traverse (with one shit pin placement) across to the high tree on the right. Above that looks like at least 50 feet of WI IV+ (the upper pillar) to who knows where. We rapped from the tree.

Thanks for the info about posting Sobo but this posting stuff is getting a little frustrating. I'll stick to lurking and climbing instead.