Mountaineer Creek Road Conditions?

dan_e

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the gate is closed until the ranger can reach the trail head. gotta put up the new pay to play signs before the masses who believe in the evil plan get there. you can ski up the road and if you move fast enough you can probably pull it off in a sper long day. bring gingsing. good luck! i have the one day ascent planned out just waiting for some more melt off.

quote:

Originally posted by gumby:

the route is not in if your talking about triple couloirs, just a bunch of rotten snow and dry rock.

Were you recently up at Colchuck Lake to see the route? I'm wanting to do the fin route on Dragontail soon.

We were thwarted on our attempt to do Triple C's in a day. The gate was open, so we chained up and attempted to drive the still snow covered road. After easily making it over some rather large mounds of snow at the entrance we cruised up past the bridge. A ways past this the snow softened up and my truck started digging in. I had to back out the rest of the way, which sucked. So I would forget trying to drive the road unless you have a snowmobile or ATV.

The result of all of this was that we lost too much time to try it in a day. We hiked to the trail and in a ways, then turned around. The trail has been well traveled by snowshoes.

Edited by the flame patrol. Watch out now!

00000011.jpg

[This message has been edited by jon (edited 03-12-2001).]