Skis @ St. Helens

fenderfour

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My nephew left a pair of skis at the bottom of worm flows on 12/20... He had a shitty ride down and said that he would be (and I quote here) "godfuckingtripledogdamned if [he was] going to carry these skis another foot." He also asked that if I saw a post similar to this one that I write and offer you "a shitty pair of boots to go with them."

Anyway... you didn't happen to find a piss yellow nalgene up there did you?

anth

That boy needs reminding that the worst day in the mountains is better than the best day at work.And maybe he ought to see the Warren Miller film clip of the kids in Northern India having the time of their lives skiing on dirty lousy crap snow on skis made from old lumber mill bandsaw blades nailed to slats of crate wood,and tied on with wire.Gratitude,bucko,not attitude,for every sweet and glorious day of life in the mountains,no matter what the skis,the weather or the miles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Joy,shipmates,joy..."

-Edward Abbey

wave.gif

I didn't really mind carrying out 10 lbs of skis for someone who wanted them, but you really should tell your nephew not to leave his shit in the park. I don't care if he left behind a Snickers wrapper. It's damned bad form to leave any trash in any park, unless taking it out could very well kill you.

Really folks, this is exactly the kind of crap we need to consider. Have you been to the Ape Cave to see all of the garbage that people leave behind? Why? because there isn't a trash can every 20 feet?

I'm going to wager a guess that Browntoe's nephew isn't a climber. Probably just a casual user of the hills near Portland. I say this because climbers don't leave crap behind.

Browntoe - Please tell your nephew to learn to clean up after himself. It's pissing other people off.

Well, by golly after I read this I drove straight over to that mother son's house and kicked his ass hard. You are all so incredibly right that I just don't know what I could say to that boy to make him understand how wrong he was to leave those skis up there. If he doesn't learn to have some gratitude for the time that he gets to spend outdoors, the least he could do is learn to have a little bit of respect for the time that other folk spend outdoors.

Anyway after I talked with him about it he said they were K2s and he had left them at Timberline in the parking lot. Oh well... he probably needed an ass kicking anyway.

I told him that he shouldn't be leaving anything in a beautiful and pristine environment like Mt. Hood's Timberline lodge parking lot, but frankly, boys, the whole joy of lecturing him had sort of worn off by then.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

My nephew left a pair of skis at the bottom of worm flows on 12/20... He had a shitty ride down and said that he would be (and I quote here) "godfuckingtripledogdamned if [he was] going to carry these skis another foot." He also asked that if I saw a post similar to this one that I write and offer you "a shitty pair of boots to go with them."

Anyway... you didn't happen to find a piss yellow nalgene up there did you?

anth

yelrotflmao.gif

Does nobody else find that frickin hilarious? I mean, besides the littering, and all, and the poor man's suffering.

Edited by ashw_justin