Pub Club 4/23

AlpineK

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

74th Street Alehouse has good food, but I am afraid it may be too small to accomodate us. There was significant complaint that Hattie's Hat was too small, but 74th is much smaller than Hatties and it only has very small tables. Last time were were there, when the group was about a quarter or third as large, we had some difficulty with space.

Ok it's time once again to fight about where we are drinking.

We are going to be drinking in Seattle next week the only question is where. We need a spot that can handle about 30 people; because of that I don't want to hear random names of bars. In fact I think at this point with the turnouts we've had any new spot should be scoped by a group of cc folks. (I for one can be talked into drinking most days of the week) It would be nice to get a spot in NE Seattle, but lets research it first. [Wink]

What I think this means for 4/23 is we should either drink at the Owl and Thistle or the Alki. I'm more in favor of the Alki since we haven't been there in a while.

Lets have a nice clean fight. [big Drink][big Drink]

I checked out The Shanty, it's probably big enough but Tuesday Night is Bingo Night [Eek!] . The local denizens said that is the one night it's crowded. Oh well. No shanty. It doesn't really look like a microbrew type of place either.

The Back Door looks way too small.

And Scott, buck up dude. There'll be many years when you can drink, but not very long when you'll be twenty. Don't piss your youth away wishing you could pay 3 times as much for beer as drinking it at home, or at some keg-party brawl.

[ 04-24-2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

icon2.gif
Cooper's Alehouse?
icon2.gif
The Shanty?

icon2.gif
Fiddler's Inn?

icon2.gif
The Back Door?

I haven't checked any of these places out. Well, except for Cooper's. Umm, and I guess the Fiddler's.

Coopers has this trivia thing going on on tuesdays, so I don't think that will work.

I don't know much about the Shanty, Fidlers, or the Back Door. maybe we could check them out.

quote..

What about the elesian (sp?) on capitol hill. It's big enough and is non smoking. We have been to smoking bars lately

What are you some kind of wimp? I'm so healthy la la la. [Razz]

I would think about the Elesian, but it seems like given the croud that shows up there already that CC would put things over the top. Besides the Capitol hill scene is so over; maybe if this were the early 90's...

Lets not confuse ourselves too much.

4/23 Pub Club is at the Alki or Owl and Thistle

Future pub clubs might be held at Fiddlers ect, but the jury is still out.

I'm thinking Alki this Tuesday. [big Drink][big Drink]

[ 04-21-2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

Brother Chuck says:

"I think a more prudent choice of venue would put the PC within walking distance of the beds of people who were going to drink."

I guess it going to be in Tacoma then, eh? [laf]

Second Choice: Let's have it at a place convenient to Icegirl/Snow Lovely. Face it...she's even cuter than Alpine K! [Razz]

[ 04-22-2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Dwayner ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

Brother Chuck says:

"I think a more prudent choice of venue would put the PC within walking distance of the beds of people who were going to drink."

I guess it going to be in Tacoma then, eh?
[laf]

More like Issaquah I think.

Do we have a consensus yet?

Owl and Thistle or Alki? (those are the two I've been able to decipher)

I would second (or third) the vote for the Elysian, as the lack of smoke there is quite nice...

[big Drink]

[ 04-22-2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: icegirl ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Schuldt:

I am with Icegirl, we have been to smokey places lately. Alpine k, youare a wimp if you can't handle the artsyfartsy crowd at the Elysian. Icegirl, just call it at the Elysian and us boys will be there!!!!
[smile][Razz][big Grin][big Drink][chubit]

Artsyfartsy my ass. Like I said before the Capitol Hill scene is so over. Catch a clue.

I'll drink there, but I don't think the place can handle the excess crowd.

I'm not sure if we have a concensus. I mean are we all going to hold our breath and hope that Icegirl shows up when she hasn't been to a pub club in months? Maybe she's just like Rodeo; picking a location and then never showing up..